Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 11 Sep 21, 04:48 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Stocking gifts

Hey! So I usually only post on the disney planning part of this site but thought I would have a go posting here!

I have a DD age 4 and a DS 8 weeks. At Christmas time we have a tradition of a fill yourself advent calender, chocolate calenders and then a christmas eve crate with activities to do on Christmas eve and then stockings only for children on Christmas day. By the time I get to the stockings in run out of ideas.

I am already completly stumped this year for stocking presents. DS will only be 5 1/2 months but feel we have to give him something so that DD keeps her santa magic. DD last year got writing bits, disney hair clips, disney kids jewellry and chocolate but she asked why santa hadnt put any toys in there.

We only have small thin stockings so I dont need too much in them and can only put in small gifts (unless I upgrade this year!?). I dont see the point in buying cheap looking toys you get in a party bag so I have no idea what toys I can get her.

Any ideas? What did you put in your childrens stockings?

Thanking you in advance

Edited at 04:49 AM.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What about some toy animals/figures from something like Schleich? They should fit in a small stocking. My kids at 4 loved that. Or some Playmobil figures ? (those small packs with one figure and some props).
Old 11 Sep 21, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
What about some toy animals/figures from something like Schleich? They should fit in a small stocking. My kids at 4 loved that. Or some Playmobil figures ? (those small packs with one figure and some props).
She already has loads of toy animals (we take regular trips to the zoo) But the playmobil figures are a great idea! She doesnt actually have any playmobil... I used to love it as a kid and so did my brother! Thank you!
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

How about something like this for your 4 year old?

You can take them out of the box and wrap them separately to fit in the stocking.

This is usually what we do for our daughter along with Christmas themed treats.
Our son is a teenager so we struggle with his stocking but usually involves a Vbucks card.

For your DS, you can pick up little teething toys etc which should fit in and they will definitely come useful in future 😊
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Thank you! Great ideas! She has lots of princesses but her auntie got her different princess ones so I could definatly add to that collection.

DS teething bits would be useful. I really want to avoid getting him things he wont use just for the sake of getting him something!
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

I've actually just seen that they do raya and the dragons ones... she hasnt got any of those and we watch that film all the time at the moment
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Jane23
Trying for More Ears

I’ve done a similar thing for a baby and I ended putting in things like a balloon (she loved watching them be blown up and playing with them), a small pack of puffs or the mini Organix oat bars, small felt finger puppets etc and smaller teething toys (obviously not small enough to be a choking hazard).
Jane23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

How about a small pot of bubbles, we always added a bauble for the tree, some are dated all are special. Bring back loads of memories every year when we unwrap them and Dd will take them when she eventually gets her own place!
Old 11 Sep 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

I am loving these ideas! Thank you! I'm writing a list as we speak. Keep them coming
Old 11 Sep 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

My dd 7 always gets bubble bath in her stocking, along with chocolate coins etc. She also loves the fluffy bed time socks too. Loves kids nail varnish and costume jewellery
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List