Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 26 Oct 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

No pressies this year !

It’s not about stuff, and this year has remained us of that.
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I have bought ... nothing.

I read with interest all the threads but I have no inclination to buy anything. I am totally determined not to buy 'stuff' for the sake of it and have had talks regarding reducing number of presents and the value of them and that makes me happy.

I admire all of you who are out there getting organised. In my mind I'm waiting till December.
I’m the same. My immediate family (sons and partners) agreed a few years ago to have a secret Santa and we pick out a name and only have to buy for that one. We agree on a budget (around £30/£35). It has cut down on unnecessary stuff but I still struggle on what to buy (mainly as the budget is low!).

The grandchildren of course are not included in this and still get spoilt.

I am still trying to declutter my house (I am not a hoarder. Its all hidden - just too much stuff in cupboards etc.). I look at a lot of Christmas stuff and just see junk to be honest.

People like my DILs parents and next door neighbours started giving us really nice presents a few years ago which of course means we have to buy them gifts (they would not heed our request for no presents). It’s a nightmare knowing what to buy - it’s not the money for me it’s making decisions on what to buy I hate). I’ve run out of ideas.

I am aware I sound like a grump.

Edited at 02:18 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve made a start, I’ve bought some books for DD and DS (both adults), a music keyboard for DD as hers died 😢 , some smellies and chocolates and a mini waffle maker for DD.

I don’t have many ideas for our adult son and his fiancée so I think they will mainly have cash. DH and I usually have theatre tickets or put our money towards holidays so I don’t think we will have much this year either. DD may be able to get herself some clothes in her uni city and we can wrap those and pay for them for her if she wants anything, as I would probably pick the wrong things if I bought them 😂

As we live in Wales, non essential shops aren’t open so I don’t think I will be able to get as much as I usually do but as long as we can all be together for Christmas (which isn’t a certainty of course) I don’t think any of us will mind that we don’t have as many gifts.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

My own off DH!
Can’t begin to think of Christmas just yet, wish I could be.
To be fair I’ve only a handful of family to buy for so I’ll be starting towards the end of next month.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Mine Christmas pressie shopping is really easy... I ask them what they want and start in September, 4 children usually want something for house, and 10 grandchildren plus 2 near Christmas birthdays. They usually pick things I can get from amazon... was all done a couple of weeks ago and now all wrapped.

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
All I've bought so far is Christmas pyjamas for me, my OH and the youngest, the more I think about Christmas the more I'm thinking it's a day for just the three of us (and the dogs), festive pyjamas, crack open the chocolate and eat everything they sell in supermarket Christmas aisle that's snack size and cooks in oven in 29 minutes on gas mark 6... and I'm looking forward to it.

I will buy presents but waiting for inspiration and I will trim the house up and outside, we've said in local area we will trim outside our houses to brighten up everyone's Xmas this year too... We are doing it now for Halloween x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymad42013
Excited about Disney

I've not really got into the Christmas spirit yet - normally I've nearly finished but I do have ideas running through my head thankfully.

My parents have resigned themselves to the fact that they won't be spending Christmas with us so I'm going to be making up a hamper with lots of goodies in plus a personalised calendar and a photo of them with my 2 teens. We've also decided that we won't be having a Christmas dinner this year just buffet/sandwiches so my parents have asked for me to take sandwiches to them, so I am going to be making up a basket with sandwiches/buffet style food, cakes, nibbles etc.

My daughter will be getting a car, son wants PS5 but thats looking unlikely, husband I have no idea but it will be only something small as all being well and not getting our hopes up, but we have our delayed 50th birthday holiday to Florida next year which is for 3 weeks so all money going into that.

We don't actually buy for anyone else apart from my 2 step children which hubby sorts out mostly.

I really want to start feeling excited about it but no enthusiasm at the moment.
Disney Caribbean Beach Honeymoon Sept 2003, Disney Caribbean Beach March 2005, Port Orleans Riverside Oct 2006, Port Orleans Riverside Oct 2009, DLP Sequoia March 2013,DLP Sequoia Lodge New Year 2015-2016,WDW POR Aug 2016, DLP Disneyland Hotel Castle Club New Year 2016/17, Sequoia New Year 2017/2018, Cheyenne Aug 2019, Sequoia New Year 2019/20
disneymad42013 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

I haven’t started yet. When the boys were small I loved Xmas shopping but now they’re grown they don’t know what they want. We have whittled down the list of recipients due to nieces and nephews all grown up, don’t buy for brothers or sisters and mum and dad and dmil have all passed away so nobody left to buy for.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I have bought my daughter Diagon Alley and Privot Drive Lego (she gets 40% off through work and has a November birthday),hoodies and bits like socks.

Daughter-in-law 1 Aladdin pandora Charm, Cards against Disney game, Disney villans jigsaw and bits.

Son I'm getting a waterproof coat, wireless earbuds and got his some special ciders.

Daughter-in-law 2 a Oodie, Si perfume and Beanies coffee gift set.

Grandson aged 4 a camera, Playmobil campervan, Orchard games, hot water bottle, books and a few other bits (he has a December birthday)
Old 26 Oct 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son in Canada has just asked me to send him strawberry laces, millions, white buttons, marmite, shortbread and some Cadbury’s Christmas chocolates. So that’s my mission for now