Notices

Old 4 Sep 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Hi Kelly

Nice to read your pre trip report.

We will be passing at the airport as we are there for the Scottish Feb holiday week and we will be flying home a few hours after you land.

Your plans sound great with the villa and 4 night hotel stay.

The weather was so nice on our Feb 2020 trip, can’t wait to get back. Fingers crossed!
Ahhh how lovely, where are you heading to for your holiday? Make sure to give us a wave if you see the plane

Have you any plans on when you want to go back yet? X

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Just caught up with this - i so want this to jappen for you- its the dates i was meant to be going, but we planning on 2023 instead feb half term + 2 weeks.

I think your plans sound great, and i would choose similar i think. X
Thank you so much I really hope it does too. Oh Feb 2023 sounds lovely. Have you done much in terms of planning yet? Xx

Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
Nice to see an update Kelly.

I know what you mean about the optimism. We are 3 months after you and I wonder whether we will even make it. xx
It's so hard to stay optimistic! Maybe once the borders open it will become easier. I will keep everything crossed for your trip xx

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Fingers crossed for February for you Kelly, nice to read your update and to hear that the family are well xx

I’ve booked a 5 night one person booking for CSR for July next year but too nervous to look into booking anything else for it yet as I’m still unsure about how things will be by then. We’ve decided that, due to the genie and no real dining plan, that we will stay offsite for the rest of the trip if we do go though as sadly, on-site isn’t worth the extra cost anymore. At least the 5 nights on-site will give us a little taste of the resort stay though
Thank you so much! How are you all doing?

I think you've done the right thing to be fair. It really isn't worth it is, it's so sad really. They've priced us a family out of staying on-site which is awful as I know many other families will pretty much be the same. I'll keep everything crossed for your 5 nights stay and the whole trip really! Xx

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A lovely photo of you all 😍 I hope the kids all get on OK back at school and that you finally get to go into the office!

Good idea to extend the villa for your trip. I soooo hope it goes ahead. I keep flip flopping again between thinking surely by next year we will be back to normal traveling to the USA and then the next moment worrying that we will have another horrific winter.

I'll be keeping everything crossed that some Dibbers get to go on their Christmas trips, then we will all get to see their lovely photos and can start getting excited for our trips next year.
Thank you Abby, I did upload more but they didn't load for some reason I'm not the best with technology haha. Noah has loved his 2 days at school so far which is brilliant. From Monday everything at school is going back to normal for him which is great, back to lunches in the dinnerhall, break and lunchtimes with the rest of the school and going to and from school to the entrance that is a 1 minute walk rather than the one that's a 10 minute walk away

I do too, but cautiously being optimistic. I keep doing the exact same. I said the same earlier this year when we booked though, I was sure we'd be allowed to travel by now ... but look at where we are.

I really hope they do too, I've had withdrawls not seeing reports. Not sure about you but I think the first report I see I will probably tear up.

How are you all? Absolutely loved your Jamaican trip report, thank you so much for sharing it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Ahhh how lovely, where are you heading to for your holiday? Make sure to give us a wave if you see the plane

Have you any plans on when you want to go back yet? X
We will, hopefully, be passing you at Orlando airport after a weeks stay!

At the moment we are booked for Feb, July and October next year 🤞
Old 5 Sep 21, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi there Kelly nice to see an update from you.
I know what you mean about staying at Alton Towers with no air conditioning we did if about 16 years ago with our youngest 2 and it was so hot and uncomfortable.
I also think you’ve made the right decision to stay offsite the dining credit wouldn’t go anywhere with a family of 5.
We’ve got 7 nights booked at CSR in May but it’s just 2 of us so it’s not too bad for us.
I must admit though I’m not overly optimistic about next May but I’m hoping I’m wrong.
We’ve booked 10 nights in Gran Canaria for next month and I won’t be surprised if that gets cancelled but we have to keep trying.
Old 5 Sep 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
We will, hopefully, be passing you at Orlando airport after a weeks stay!

At the moment we are booked for Feb, July and October next year 🤞
Ahh sorry I misread, I thought you meant heading somewhere in the UK! In my defence I was tired and not well yesterday

I will keep everything crossed for all these trips! and keep an eye out for the reports too x

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Hi there Kelly nice to see an update from you.
I know what you mean about staying at Alton Towers with no air conditioning we did if about 16 years ago with our youngest 2 and it was so hot and uncomfortable.
I also think you’ve made the right decision to stay offsite the dining credit wouldn’t go anywhere with a family of 5.
We’ve got 7 nights booked at CSR in May but it’s just 2 of us so it’s not too bad for us.
I must admit though I’m not overly optimistic about next May but I’m hoping I’m wrong.
We’ve booked 10 nights in Gran Canaria for next month and I won’t be surprised if that gets cancelled but we have to keep trying.
Hi how are you all! So great to see some familiar names on here again

Yeah it wasn't our greatest idea but we still had a lovely break away.

It really wouldn't I was quite shocked when I worked it out against the dining plans.

Fingers crossed for May! Will you be making use of the lightening pass just being 2 of you? We spoke at length about it and being a family of 5 it would add another $1000 for 2 weeks on the trip for us and I just can't justify it sadly.

Oh a friend of mine has just gone to Gran Canaria yesterday, so I'll keep everything crossed for you. It will be so nice to get a little break away, I think everyone needs it after the last 18 months. I hope you have a lovely time xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Hi Kelly,
Hope you and the family are all okay. Great that you have something to look forward to.
Me? Well the inevitable happened on Thursday and our outbound flight has finally been cancelled To be fair we resigned ourselves in June that we would not be going and cancelled the villa back then.
2022? After the last two years of booking then cancelling we will wait and see before booking again, as the stress and disappointment is too much.
So will have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Having said that if you do get to go, I expect a food report mind!
Old 5 Sep 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Hi Kelly,
Hope you and the family are all okay. Great that you have something to look forward to.
Me? Well the inevitable happened on Thursday and our outbound flight has finally been cancelled To be fair we resigned ourselves in June that we would not be going and cancelled the villa back then.
2022? After the last two years of booking then cancelling we will wait and see before booking again, as the stress and disappointment is too much.
So will have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Having said that if you do get to go, I expect a food report mind!
Oh no way! Such a shame I'm sorry to read that. It's so gutting though isn't it, even when you're expecting it. I had an email from BA a couple of weeks ago changing our flights and my heart raced when I seen it, honestly thought they were cancelling the flights.

I think this is what a lot of people are doing and it's such a sensible idea really. On the other hand I also think once they announce reopening the borders prices will sky rocket ... such a tough choice.

Thank you, fingers crossed. There will be a food report although it will be a bit different to previous ones xx
Old 5 Sep 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Oh no way! Such a shame I'm sorry to read that. It's so gutting though isn't it, even when you're expecting it. I had an email from BA a couple of weeks ago changing our flights and my heart raced when I seen it, honestly thought they were cancelling the flights.

I think this is what a lot of people are doing and it's such a sensible idea really. On the other hand I also think once they announce reopening the borders prices will sky rocket ... such a tough choice.

Thank you, fingers crossed. There will be a food report although it will be a bit different to previous ones xx
Hopefully popping into Steak'n'Shake though. It would be rude not to!
Old 5 Sep 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Geordie Al View Post
Hopefully popping into Steak'n'Shake though. It would be rude not to!
Of course ... I need a garlic burger, no matter what I will update why soon, sometimes a bit hard to approach these things x
Old 5 Sep 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Of course ... I need a garlic burger, no matter what I will update why soon, sometimes a bit hard to approach these things x
No worries. Speak again soon
Old 20 Sep 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Given today's news it looks like February may be possible after all!

We're going to wait till it's officially announced before starting the planning. I'm still a little skeptical as the US has not approved the AZ vaccine so may not include those, I had AZ Chris has Pfizer.

But we're one step closer to getting to our happy place X