Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Jan 21, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Do you eat meals on your knee?

I noticed on another thread that a certain Mr MH eats his meals on his knee. This has got me thinking 🤔
I think he may be joking but I am clueless if someone is trying to pull my leg. Surely no one eats all meals on their knee?
A sandwich or a treat is fine but a meal? What if there is gravy? Do hot meals not burn your knee? Do you not get indigestion? What if food dropped on your sofa or carpet/rug 😱
We have breakfast and lunch on the breakfast bar as everyone seems to have those at different times. But a proper meal is eaten at the table and we can discuss how good or bad it is and we can chat without any TV’s or gadgets etc
I suppose everyone is different, no right or wrong way but I would certainly burn my knees, spill my food and get indigestion 😩😩
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
We were without a table for about 4 months so ate all our meals on our knees, balanced on a place mat. Would not recommend it.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Dinner is almost always at the table. I will have a sandwich or quick bowl of pasta at lunchtime on my knee. But we always eat together at the table in the evening.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

My partner’s parents and his sister eat all of their meals on their knee. None of them even have a dining table. They all use trays.

I was always brought up to eat meals at the table and as such, my partner and I always eat home cooked meals at the table together. The only exception being takeaways. We always enjoy a takeaway in front of the tv with a film on, but we probably only have one takeaway a month.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We have the odd take away in front of the tv to watch a film so would use a tray and eat on the sofa. Otherwise though meals are eaten at the table.

Dh used to eat his dinner on a lap tray if he got in really late from work, but as he now works from home he doesn’t.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Dinner is almost always at the table. I will have a sandwich or quick bowl of pasta at lunchtime on my knee. But we always eat together at the table in the evening.
Same here, always has been
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We eat all meals on our knees. Well, we aren’t on our knees - we are sitting on our bums with trays on our knees .

Both brought up as one of five in houses with no table (nor room for one).

We do have a dining room now but it’s only used at Christmas (until the week before Xmas it was also my office since being forced to WFH but I’ve now relocated to the spare bedroom).

As stated on another thread I don’t think the DIBB is an accurate representation of the population and I suspect many people eat their meals from trays on their laps.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We sit in front of the tv with our dinner, we eat at different times because of ds and dh work. Me and dd have our meal early and then dh and ds later, my son doesn’t come in till 9pm sometimes.
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
Same here unless it’s pizza takeaway which happens about twice a year!
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 21, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We have our evening meal at the table so everyone can chat about the day. During lockdown I’ll aim for Lunch at the table too and then Bingo or a quiz afterwards to break up the day. Our Lab would be delighted if we ate on our knees as I suspect there would be a fair bit dropped!
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List