Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 6 Jun 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GoldenAvalanche View Post
Just another saying thank you! We stayed this weekend and it was brilliant, I was so impressed how organised everything was from the set menu through to breakfast. All very easy, fantastic location and I loved how efficient their lifts were haha! I’m off to see if the offer is still available to book again….
The lifts were great weren’t they?! I had a look for the offer but couldn’t find it, let me know if you do
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Thanks for the reviews. We're going in July and have booked to see Andrew Lloyd Webber's new show Cinderella too. It's lovely to have something to look forward to.
A couple of questions if you don't mind?
How busy did the hotel and restaurant feel? What toiletries did they have in the rooms?
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
Thanks for the reviews. We're going in July and have booked to see Andrew Lloyd Webber's new show Cinderella too. It's lovely to have something to look forward to.
How busy did the hotel and restaurant feel? What toiletries did they have in the rooms?
Usual shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap and shower hat!

We got a note to recommend getting to breakfast before 9am as it’s not self service so it can take some time (they service for you), we got there at 9.30 but had no trouble getting served quickly.

We had dinner at 5.30 (reservation booked) super fast service, and came back down at 9 to get a drink and listen to the band, didn’t get the best table but was seated straight away.

The hotel, as with the rest of London, felt busy but you could feel the reduction of tourists, it wasn’t as manic as it usually is…was quite nice actually, just enough for a buzz without being overwhelming!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

We go next weekend, cannot wait. Can I just ask how does the meal work. Is it a main & drink? Thanks
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
We go next weekend, cannot wait. Can I just ask how does the meal work. Is it a main & drink? Thanks
It's a main, a dessert and a cocktail. But we asked if the boys could have cokes instead of cocktails which was fine. I wondered if the desserts would be smaller versions but no, the brownie sundae thing came in a goldfish bowl
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
The hotel didn't feel busy at all, no waiting at check in for example. Lift lobbies were quiet. The restaurant in the evening looked quite full but the tables were spaced out enough that it didn't feel too busy if you know what I mean. Like a previous poster said, it was advised to get to breakfast before 9, we got there at 9.30 and there was a slight queue but it moved quickly.

I didn't like the toiletries, the shower gel made my skin feel quite dry, but I'd be okay using them for one night
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Yeah you get a specific menu that is different from the main menu that regular customers pick from, but it has a huge choice of mains and a few desserts. Didn't feel limited at all. Was particularly impressed with the size of the cocktail!
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Unfortunately we have had to cancel our booking as Jimmy Buffett has cancelled his concert. Phoned Hard Rock who immediately refunded to Travel Zoo. Clicked on the refund button on Travel zoo minutes later and the money was credited back to paypal immediately.

Can't fault.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Unfortunately we have had to cancel our booking as Jimmy Buffett has cancelled his concert. Phoned Hard Rock who immediately refunded to Travel Zoo. Clicked on the refund button on Travel zoo minutes later and the money was credited back to paypal immediately.

Can't fault.
Oh, what a shame! Glad your refund process was simple. Although I'm sort of wishing I could've bought your voucher off you as we are regretting not getting more
Old 29 Jun 21, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Oh, what a shame! Glad your refund process was simple. Although I'm sort of wishing I could've bought your voucher off you as we are regretting not getting more
It’s on secret escapes if that’s any good for you Jo
secretescapes/centra...tel?source=swp
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List