Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 31 Jul 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cartoonp View Post
Norwich store closeting by 16 of August
Will be missed by many i expect, they did say probably one in cambridge will stay for a while.

This is probably our last ime in Norwich visiting family, but this made the long journey a bit better for DD getting Disney fix!
Old 31 Jul 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Norwich is closing on the 11th August ☹. My dd works there. Some of the staff have worked in there many years, one for 25 years. There has been a lot of tears 😢.

I believe all stores (except Dublin and Oxford Street, London) will close by October.
Old 13 Aug 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Went into the Cambridge branch today, and a guy said that Norwich is closed this week or next. Cambridge is staying unitl October possibly.

spent over £70 in there today and we only went into the city to do the Cambridge moo trail.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Lakeside closed yesterday 😢

We were there Tuesday and it was sad to know we wouldn’t get to see it again.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
florida2010
Imagineer

florida2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 177
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think you will find that all stores other than Oxford Street for mainland UK will be closed by third week of September at the latest. These changes really have very little to do with any Pandemic issues. Almost all UK Disney Stores have still been profitable but it appears to have been a global Disney business decision to close face to face stores to focus online even though the majority of people find the online experience lacking and delivery expensive and of poor standard. I think longer term globally Disney will look back and realise that making this business shift wasn't a good move. The stores are more than a retail experience and are the direct marketing opportunity to engage with parents and children. Without this a lot of people may never think about visiting Disney parks which will create a longer term economic impact on the company. Disney Store UK staff have been treated extremely poorly over the last year plus and I think Disney fans need to be mindful that 100s of hardworking committed Disney retail Cast Members have been left in a very negative situation. For those who embrace the Disney Store experience I'd say go visit before its gone as its a key part of the Disney experience that will not be available moving forwards. Good look to all retail Disney Cast Members moving forward and thanks for providing such an exciting experience for many years. Please don't go in to your store asking when it will close - often Cast Members don't know until the week before. Being asked a 100 times a day when will the store close when the person you are talking to has to seek alternative employment isn't a mindful thing to do. Think how you would feel in this situation. There is no closing sale for those wishing to grab a bargain - they are not closing up shop - Disney Store UK is a very profitable company; they are just moving away 99.9% from face to face stores. Best wishes to all remaining retail CM's your services and local opportunity to embrace a small element of Disney magic will be very much missed.
| First Disney Cruise & Beach Club August 2015 | Cane Island July 2016 & Dream Cruise

Edited at 02:38 PM.
florida2010 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley Cassidy
Very Serious Dibber

It is true that they only get told a few weeks before they close
Lesley Cassidy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4

Farewell store 791 (Norwich) 😭. You'll be sadly missed!

Good luck to all the cast members still looking for jobs xx

Just as an aside, I personally feel this is a topic that should still be on the main threads like general chat? It's not really about shopping anymore, and many of us were regular visitors to get our little bit of Disney fix? ☹
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

We have only ourselves to blame. People have become too reliant with online shopping.
I seriously think people will regret allowing our shops to close by choosing online shopping.
Once the high street and city centres close the free delivery and low prices will slowly disappear. Ironically the new way to visit a shop is the trawl to the local post office or collection point for all the returns. The positive experience of visiting a clothes shop on payday has been replaced by numerous visits to the post office after grappling with the sellotape to stick the torn parcel together and worrying if your ever going to get your refund when you hope they receive the parcel.
The hassle of ordering different size garments due to the poor reviews drives me mad because I know it’s another track to the post office and I’m laying out three tines as much money to try things on. And that’s just my golf stuff.
Same will be with Disney stores closing. You can go into one at moment and check the quality size etc etc. If it’s good buy it. In future if will be guess work and loads of returns which in the future not far away you will have to pay for.

Edited at 10:19 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think the stores got lost quite a few years ago.
Back in my day as a CM there was a brisk adult market in apparel but also in Disney art , watches and genuinely collectible figurines etc which brought in bigger spenders as well as families. When Disney moved the focus to “just kids” both here and in the US they lost that “something unique” .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
We have only ourselves to blame. People have become too reliant with online shopping.
I seriously think people will regret allowing our shops to close by choosing online shopping.
Once the high street and city centres close the free delivery and low prices will slowly disappear. Ironically the new way to visit a shop is the trawl to the local post office or collection point for all the returns. The positive experience of visiting a clothes shop on payday has been replaced by numerous visits to the post office after grappling with the sellotape to stick the torn parcel together and worrying if your ever going to get your refund when you hope they receive the parcel.
The hassle of ordering different size garments due to the poor reviews drives me mad because I know it’s another track to the post office and I’m laying out three tines as much money to try things on. And that’s just my golf stuff.
Same will be with Disney stores closing. You can go into one at moment and check the quality size etc etc. If it’s good buy it. In future if will be guess work and loads of returns which in the future not far away you will have to pay for.
60p for the post office to pick up an amazon return... don't even need to leave the house nowadays...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List