Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Sep 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I’ve always had more luck booking BA for last 2 weeks of August around the end of September when Virgin flights are also out rather than day of release. Everyone will book and bite at a certain price but at £4770 (as above), I doubt we’ll be going direct. For August 2019 we paid £2780 with SUV for last 2 weeks of August. That’s a circa £2000 Increase!
Yes I must admit for this years cancelled trip I booked the first few days of October. We were supposed to go 13th Aug - 6th Sept LGW to Tampa out and I think it was MCO to LGW home, SUV for the full 3 weeks, 2 Adults, 1 teen & one child £1900 all in. Was a bargain and I don't think I will find it that cheap again but it was one of those things that was there for a week or two then the prices just kept increasing - I didn't realise it was probably due to virgin and others releasing flights! Will be looking again this year from the end of Sept
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Just booked today.

BA groups 14 people

Depart LGW to TPA 15th August 2022 return TPA to LGW 29th August 2022

3 adults WTP return £876.63

WT outbound and WTP inbound
3 adults £768.68
5 adults £710.63
2 teens £684.63

Price differences are due to the increase when adding more passengers so it was more cost effective to book as smaller groups to keep the cost down pp.

The BA advisor also explained that flying home in WTP was cheaper than WT return as the US tax is alot less than UK.

Flights to Tampa being released each day are cheapest first thing of release morning and getting cheaper into the end of August. At leat this is what we have found whilst monitoring over the last 2 weeks.

Edited at 10:59 PM.
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Set my alarm to have a look tonight at the 1am release for 30th Aug. Didn’t see much difference a few nights ago but have a different approach planned tonight
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

I checked my BA dates flights and part hotel. Checked at 5.30am and it was £2668 didn't press the button just checked again now 13.00 at it was £2548... so had gone down in price

So not always cheaper first thing go figure!?
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Set my alarm to have a look tonight at the 1am release for 30th Aug. Didn’t see much difference a few nights ago but have a different approach planned tonight

I can't get any prices for our return on 30th August today. Although the outbound flights out were around the £300 so looks promising...
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Girlw0nder View Post
I can't get any prices for our return on 30th August today. Although the outbound flights out were around the £300 so looks promising...
30th definitely works. It may be because there is no flight on that date.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

If it’s Tampa it’s because BA don’t fly back into London on Tuesdays i’m afraid…..
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Summer-Caitlin
Very Serious Dibber

Checked today for flights BA either HR or GW. 18 nights or so but can be flexible when I fly out, however want to be back by 31st Aug. 2 adults and 2 children coming in at £3966.68 🥴
This seems SO high to me! Not much lower than my Disney accommodation and tickets 😬

Married August 20th 2007 at Sea Breeze Point, Wedding and Honeymoon TR http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=384760
DDP reviews http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=392481 Next visit September 9th-25th 2010 Old Key West 16 nights with DELUXE DINING
Summer-Caitlin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JimmyCricket
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin View Post
Checked today for flights BA either HR or GW. 18 nights or so but can be flexible when I fly out, however want to be back by 31st Aug. 2 adults and 2 children coming in at £3966.68 🥴
This seems SO high to me! Not much lower than my Disney accommodation and tickets 😬
I’m hoping that when all the other airlines release we will start to see prices drop in saying that I will check later 1am for 10/8 to 31/8 Tampa flights 🤞
JimmyCricket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Summer-Caitlin View Post
You're still too early - only BA will have released return flights on or around 31st August thus far.

You'll need to wait until the end of this month to get a broader range of options, and there'll be a lot if you're prepared to fly indirect, particularly if you can be flexible between the likes of Orlando, Tampa and Miami as destination airports.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List