Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Do annual pass holders get this as a benefit?
No. Disney have confirmed APs will need to purchase it day by day just like everyone else, at least at initial release.

It's possible that they MAY release it as an AP discounted add-on like they did for MaxPass at DLR. I believe it was $125 extra per year. But it definitely won't be included in the base AP price either way.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Do annual pass holders get this as a benefit?
As of right now no. Maxpass was offer in DL as part of one of the higher annual plans, I think they said they are looking at options for annual passes but at least initially they have to buy it like everyone else.

Originally Posted by discoclare View Post
Has there been any mention of whether they are also removing the single rider lines (I know they only have them on a couple of attractions: TT, RnR, MFSR, EE)?

At Paris they have single rider for Ratatouille which works well as the rats hold 6 people (so similar to TT where there is often a party of 4 or 5 and 1 or 2 spaces gets filled from the single rider line).
There has not, I can’t see why they would get rid of it, fills empty seats and thus reducing the standby wait. All other parks that have a paid for system normally have single rider lines.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
On obtaining genie+ rides. The official word is that you make your next selection once you’ve done your first ride(or joined or scanned in the queue) but not confirmed yet and no one knows for definite but there are rumours that if you make a genie+ booking that after a certain amount of time you can make another but no one knows the time. It could be 90 minutes like MaxPass or 2 hours. In theory we could make a booking at 7am and book your next one at 9am before you’ve even done the first. It’s all very unknown but it depends on how much it’s like MaxPass.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Assuming they're just reusing the MaxPass system, I would expect that to be possible. But I also suspect it's not one we're going to know until it's live and people like Touring Plans start running all their tests on it.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I'd say booking one at a time certainly makes the process fairer.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
I'd say booking one at a time certainly makes the process fairer.
Ha ha I don’t care if it’s fair, I just want to go on what I want to go on! I loved the old system, I loved the planning, I loved doing my fastpasses and ADR s on my 60 days and 180 days, and I felt satisfied with the service I was getting off Disney.

Who knows, this system might work out ok, only time will tell.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If another one can be booked either 2 hours after the first one or once the first one is used (whichever comes first) then it would be just like the old paper fastpass system. Only without the paper tickets and without having to queue up at the fastpass machines.

Some people seemed to like the old paper fastpass system over the more recent fastpass+ system.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 09:46 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Ha ha I don’t care if it’s fair, I just want to go on what I want to go on! I loved the old system, I loved the planning, I loved doing my fastpasses and ADR s on my 60 days and 180 days, and I felt satisfied with the service I was getting off Disney.

I'd 100% agree for you, and it's similar for a lot of dibbers. However there biggest customers are the US, who often just turn up and don't book in advance.

Personally I'd rather not have to wake up at 7am everyday on holiday in order to get fastpasses.
Old 24 Aug 21, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post

But there was no guarantee you’d get what you wanted to then though. Granted for us visiting from the UK and booking 60 day fastpasses for up to 10 days along with ADRs we generally did over our longer stays. That wasn’t the case for offsite guests. It wasn’t possible to get certain things at 30 days or just at 180 days. Putting aside that you pay $15 it may work better for offsite guests.

Another view and not a popular one is that I’m desperate to go on ROTR as a massive Star Wars fan all my life. Silly but I’ve been worried about not getting a boarding group(grow up man) but I know I’ll get on it next time by paying. Not happy to pay but I know I’ll get on it! Only me that has to pay as DW and my 2 daughters have no interest.

Edited at 09:59 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Another view and not a popular one is that I’m desperate to go on ROTR as a massive Star Wars fan all my life. Silly but I’ve been worried about not getting a boarding group(grow up man) but I know I’ll get on it next time by paying. Not happy to pay but I know I’ll get on it! Only me that has to pay as DW and my 2 daughters have no interest.
Really depends how much RoTR gets assigned to be paid, and how popular it is, just because it will be a paid option, doesn't mean you will be able to get it!