Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Aug 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Clarkkent
Gone all Goofy

Petition against Genie+

Apologies if this in’t allowed, but i was forwarded this link this morning. There’s been a petition created in protest against the recent Genie+ announcement.

If anyone is interested, the link is here: chng.it/qqdgqWq8fY
Clarkkent is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Sadly this will have little effect. The only way Disney will listen is if people vote with their feet and cancel or stop booking 😞

Edited at 10:25 AM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Sadly this will have little effect. The only way Disney will listen is of people vote with their feet and cancel or stop booking 😞
I agree. And they won’t. I for one have factored it into costs for next year because it’s been so long since we’ve been I’m prepared to put up with it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

It is a worth a shot with complaint emails and petitions.

BUT ultimately as Scoopsahoy says mass cancellations are the only thing they will listen to. Which are most likely not going to happen. The Clownfish Youtube channel says WDW fans are in an abusive relationship and until you take a stand and stop going the abuse will continue.

Disney knew there would be a backlash so the complaints will be ignored.

Edited at 10:30 AM.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I agree. And they won’t. I for one have factored it into costs for next year because it’s been so long since we’ve been I’m prepared to put up with it.
I haven’t done that yet but suppose I should!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Same here… factored this in too.

Now to understand the system and work out how it will best work for our family.

I guess we will understand more after a few months of it in use…
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Agree it’s unlikely they will change it but if we don’t complain they will just keep on making these changes.
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve seen lots of people on fb that have cancelled their bookings for next year and moved to universal resorts.

Wouldn’t it be interesting to know how much cancellations have increased due to this

I think it’ll have a much bigger impact on UK bookings which are a drop in the ocean compared to US.

I’m happy that we’d already decided to stick with universal next year with a Disney cruise.

We are planning to do wdw again in 2023 with my sister and her family, it’ll be their first trip so I hope by then it’ll be easier to plan as the new system will have been in use for a while. We were looking at Beach Club but I’m not sure on-site has enough benefits for the cost now so may look elsewhere.

I wonder if by next year they’ll be looking at offers including genie+ to entice the uk visitors back onsite.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Shinealight
Getting Excited

I took a stand and cancelled our 11 night stay at CBR next year. I'm not going to let Disney rinse me, enough is enough!

Edited at 10:36 AM.
Shinealight is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m going to sign it. Takes two mins.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List