Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

A big thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. I know the responsibility is on me to deal with it...its just knowing where to start !
Old 23 Aug 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Start today right now, forget what gone before today just make any positive change you can.

Good luck, pm me if it helps to have someone to talk with
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I’ve always struggled with my weight this year I’ve decided to do something about I got a personal trainer I’m watching what I eat and exercising more I’ve started to see results. MyFitnessPal really helps and something my personal trainer told me has helped me stick at it “ it’s taken me 47 years to put it one it’s going to take time to get rid of it” you’ll have good and bad weeks just keep trying.
Old 23 Aug 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

I began putting a bit of weight on after i had both my children but not loads. I became unwell in 2012 and was put on different medication and my weight increased. I still look pregnant and it is embarrassing. I have spoken to different doctors and repeatedly told "its my age" (this has been from age 34 to present, im now 42). Last year like a lot of people i caught covid and had complications so had lots of steroids among other medication and i got moon face and put weight on. I cried a lot. I then saw lots of ads for food delivery companies so chose Hello Fresh. I have used their recipies (not just ordering through them but using their cards on my weekly shop) 3x a week since july 2020. I have now lost 12kg, ive not really exercised as my lungs cannot take it and have long covid but i have started to walk more and i do control my eating the meals i cook actually fill me even though sometimes it doesnt look much. I did the Great North Run in 2019 and went to the gym and ran but only lost 4lbs and nothing worked. I still look pregnant at the top of my abdomen but im working on that. I want to lose at least another 10 kgs (20kg would be better) so hoping i can by next sunmer for my first proper beach holiday. I had been heartbreaking and hard work when sonetimes i feel so hungry but control myself and i find ive put on a 1lb or more.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
I’ve always struggled with my weight this year I’ve decided to do something about I got a personal trainer I’m watching what I eat and exercising more I’ve started to see results. MyFitnessPal really helps and something my personal trainer told me has helped me stick at it “ it’s taken me 47 years to put it one it’s going to take time to get rid of it” you’ll have good and bad weeks just keep trying.
Another vote for MyFitnessPal - been using it for eight years. I don’t use it all the time (lost 3 stone when first used it) but it helps me get back on track when I go astray!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You won't lose weight by exercising unless you take up lumberjacking or cross country skiiing - you just don't expend enough calories in the exercise. Maybe you need a complete change of diet; it could be that some foods are causing your weight gain. Best of luck
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
You won't lose weight by exercising unless you take up lumberjacking or cross country skiiing - you just don't expend enough calories in the exercise. Maybe you need a complete change of diet; it could be that some foods are causing your weight gain. Best of luck
While it is be true that excercise alone is not going to shift your weight it is important to realise that excercise makes you feel better, when you feel better about yourself then a healthier diet will likely follow.

I would never say follow this eating regime or another one. The important thing is to find something that suits you and stick with it don't jump around different fad diets.

I follow the SW plan because I love fruit and I can eat it freely other food is more restricted but that's fine with me.

Also don't expect to shed weight quickly, for me if I am down half a pound a week I'm happy. Half a pound a week is nearly 2 stone in a year.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i've had reasonable success with 5:2 in the last 2 years as a method of keeping things off, but not really doing any exercise. the rest of the time i eat normally (mostly home cooked stuff from scratch, but probably too much meat, booze and large portions)

first off, i had a back operation, which took me out completely for a few months, and then covid hit and i stopped riding my bike to work twice a week. i've only lost a stone and a half since november 2019 but its a downward trend, and i'm happy with that. i usually do mondays and either wednesday or thursday. i'll have a ~400cal lunch (ham salad cob or something) and then some packet vegetable soup or something in the evening. eat half the soup, then put the rest into a tub in the fridge for the second diet day.

hth

Edited at 02:40 PM.
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
simmofamily
Imagineer

I have struggled for years with my weight. All my own fault for eating the wrong foods. along with stress.
7 years ago I had a Heart Attack and you would have thought that would have been the kick up the backside that was needed. Unfortunately it wasn't so easy. Having Heart Disease means I struggle with strenuous exercise. I can walk on the flat for miles but give me a hill or a slight incline and it's a no go. I can't clean cupboards out, sort washing out of a basket, hoover or do anything without having to sit for ten minutes after. I could scream but there's nothing that can be done. I am having a stress echo when the appointment comes through but I know nothing will be done. I have a 60% blockage in my left artery and I'm guessing thats the problem but unless it's above 75% they won't do anything.
Gosh I've gone on but it's so frustrating when you want to do something with your health.
Weight wise I'll still keep plodding and going to SW and watching the scales. 5lb in 6 months... guess a loss is a loss
Old 23 Aug 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
gl20
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post

Sorry, I don’t agree. Per an earlier post I can think of many people who’ve lost lots of weight through cycling (other weight losing sports are available). I think trying to lose weight through diet alone is ok, but it’s better and easier if you balance with exercise. Yes, you need to do more than a few mins exercise to lose weight, but you don’t need to be a lumberjack or cross-country skier for it work.

Case in point - I had way more calories this weekend than normal because of said cycling event (previous post) and I still finished the weekend weighing 2kg less than I started it!

I wouldn’t dissuade people from exercise as a way to help lose weight.
gl20 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List