Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
Judging from how long they have been building GOTG id guess uni will have their epic park finished before this is overhauled
Universal still have a long way to catch up…. So I agree they will probably rush through getting this built as quick as possible.
Old 24 Aug 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
This is from Brayden's Twitter today. His sources are usually pretty good, which is concerning...

Losing the number of animatronics Splash has may not necessarily be bad, Runaway Railway barely uses them and it's still a fun attraction. But the end of the sentence is my concern.
This does not sound like the Disney we all know and love, which puts 100% into everything it does.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The ability to slap on a surge Fastpass lightning lane at $15+ a time will mean Disney will make masses of money on this refurb. No wonder they are now seemingly speeding up development.
Old 24 Aug 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

As much as I like the Princess and the Frog, I will definitely miss the iconic Zippadeedoodah song 😢

Concerned about them doing the refurb on the cheap too - if done well it could be incredible, but badly we will all be disappointed that Splash has gone I suspect 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

I know splash in its current form is no longer politically correct theming but as the first rides we took our sons on the first time we visited Magic Kingdom it still holds a special memory especially after walking past the castle which was ‘dressed’ in pink for the 25th anniversary.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I didn't think Princess and the Frog was popular enough to warrant replacing Splash Mountain, didn't it bomb? I am a Disney fan so I have seen it and the film was OK but most of my family and friends haven't even watched it.

Maybe it did better in the US than UK?
Wikipedia tells me that it became "Disney’s most successful traditionally animated film since Lilo & Stitch in 2002".

It was a box office success and made a profit although not a huge success and not a huge profit. So it didn't bomb, as such, but wasn't a big hit either. Unfortunately, it was released a week before Avatar so was somewhat overshadowed by that.

My only regret is that we'll be losing the wonderful Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah song.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

I loved P&TF the more times I watched it.

To tap into Nimbus's regrets... it's a nostalgic ride for those having been going for years. Obviously things move on, like Frozen in Norway for Maelstrom for example. Then again, today's changes are future nostalgia for the next generation - Disney excel in that.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new ride. I'm not expecting major changes to the actual bums on seat aspect - but there's so much scope with the theming. Just don't do a universal and do it on the cheap.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

I wonder if they will leave a nod to the old splash mountain "hidden" anywhere? Or is it all to be wiped out of memory.
Old 25 Aug 21, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by khonsu View Post
To tap into Nimbus's regrets... it's a nostalgic ride for those having been going for years.
I think almost any Disney ride that has been operating for nearly 30 years is going to generate a fair amount of nostalgia for many people. However, personally, I'm not that fussed about Splash Mountain. I think I've only been on it once - DW doesn't do water rides - so I have no fond memories of how it used to be. I'm okay with a Princess and the Frog makeover.

However, I have always liked the Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah song. It's a classic.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

They are also renaming the attraction to Splash the Cash Mountain.

Along with many others like No Space for You Mountain, $70 Dwarfs Mine Train, The BankStormer, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Prices Railway and Rise of the Surge Price Resistance.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List