Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Sep 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Genie + and DAS

Anyone know what the rules are or what is happening or is this all a wait and see.

I’m not even quite sure I understand the genie + at all.
As far as I understand it’s $15pppd that will give you a fastpass one at a time, only can be booked on the day,only select number of rides per park.
Then there is the pay per ride which I assume is going to be the latest most popular rides but we don’t know the individual prices for that yet.

So how does this work with DAS. I got one in 2019 and only used it about 3 times as I managed with the fastpasses feeling that was the best option. Now that this has come in I will be more likely to make full use of it rather than holding back but I have no clue what I will be able to do.
I assume return times as before which is great but will this be available on all rides or will the ones that you have to pay per ride still be required to pay.

Don’t particularly like paying but it’s a bit like parking can just factor it in if you know exactly what it will cost.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Nobody knows right now as it’s not up and running and Disney hasn’t clarified what rides will be included.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

There won't be any negative changes to DAS, it will still operate as it always has. Although they will be adding the option to book your return times via the app rather than having to go to the attraction. So that's a significant improvement.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
There won't be any negative changes to DAS, it will still operate as it always has. Although they will be adding the option to book your return times via the app rather than having to go to the attraction. So that's a significant improvement.
I’m just thinking that they might put the a la carte ones not available to das and will be chargable.

Will just have to wait and see then I suppose.
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

You will be able to arrange your DAS before you travel via video call (between 30 & 2 days before you arrive). At that time you can book 2 DAS return times per day (I assume park reservations will need to be in place). Once you’ve used them you can then book a return time one at a time via the app. Obviously we don’t know yet what rides will be available or what times you’ll get (will they be the guests choice or a case of get what you’re given?). I’m not sure how Disney would be, legally, if they say DAS users can only get return times for Genie+ rides & would only have the option to pay to have access to the Tier 1 rides. It may be seen as discrimination as those with DAS passes can’t wait in line so Disney would be either “forcing” people to pay extra or miss out on those other rides altogether. It’ll be interesting to see what’s allowed when they (finally) release more details!

Edited at 04:41 PM.
catki11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
I’m just thinking that they might put the a la carte ones not available to das and will be chargable.

Are you saying that for instance if I as A DAS pass holder want to not use genie plus but not pay to go through the lighting line..then yes I suspect they will say you have to pay like everyone else or I suspect you'll get a DAS return in line with standby queue but enter lighting line. I don't have an issue with that it's fair and equitable and in line with what happens now.

So if I want to guarantee SDMT.. I'll either pay or get a slot in line with current rates. We'll know soon

Edited at 03:48 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

They won't do that, the ADA would be all over them. DAS is a standby equivalent, not a fastpass equivalent. Standby is still available on (most of) the IAS attractions, therefore DAS accommodations need to be made.
Old 4 Sep 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
They won't do that, the ADA would be all over them. DAS is a standby equivalent, not a fastpass equivalent. Standby is still available on (most of) the IAS attractions, therefore DAS accommodations need to be made.
I’d say it’s more likely that those won’t be prebookable and only available after the park has opened and the opportunity for people to buy them has passed.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
I’d say it’s more likely that those won’t be prebookable and only available after the park has opened and the opportunity for people to buy them has passed.
This is a possibility. It'll be interesting to see what the prebooking options are, this is where I could see potential DAS abuse if it's effectively like the old FP+ system. But hopefully DAS Advance will have CMs specifically trained in needs assessment to limit this as much as they can.

One of the vloggers I follow (Adrian, Theme Park Express) has a DAS eligible family member so is planning on making a vlog of the new system once it's out.
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Are you saying that for instance if I as A DAS pass holder want to not use genie plus but not pay to go through the lighting line..then yes I suspect they will say you have to pay like everyone else or I suspect you'll get a DAS return in line with standby queue but enter lighting line. I don't have an issue with that it's fair and equitable and in line with what happens now.

So if I want to guarantee SDMT.. I'll either pay or get a slot in line with current rates. We'll know soon
“ I suspect you'll get a DAS return in line with standby queue but enter lighting line. I don't have an issue with that it's fair and equitable and in line with what happens now”
Yes no issue with how long it is. We used it for slinky dog once and it said come back in 2 hours etc which was no issue.
I just thought that they might make it payable to everyone even though it’s not anyone’s fault who has a DAS pass that they can’t stand in the line it’s just what it is.
Wasn’t expecting to show up at the park and ride both the prebooked rides or anything.