Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Sep 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I usually want to get going at the start of a holiday, not have a day chilling out, so I would be heading to the parks as early as possible on the Thursday.

I have been to a park on my final day, but only for a couple of hours as I would want to get showered again and into fresh clothes before hotel check out.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We do both first and last day especially when we have a late flight home, as already said you can use the tickets over 15 days.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

We always after getting to our resort and unpacked just go for food at our resort restaurant if we just want a light option get the bus to DS and go to the Earl of Sandwich then back to the resort as we want our child in bed for 8pm (1am uk time) then the rest of us by 10pm with alarm going off 7am ready for our 1st day in Epcot as we find it the best relaxing park.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It depends on when you are thinking of leaving Intl Drive and heading to Disney on your first Thursday. If you are going there early in the morning, then I'd go to a park that day. If you aren't planning on going over until midday or later then I'd use the ticket on your last day and just chill on that first Thursday.

If I was planning things then I'd probably aim for heading to Disney early and going to the park on that first Thurs. We never tend to go to a park on our last day. Mind you, our flight home has always been earlier in the day - around 4 or 5pm-ish - so we usually start heading to the airport just after midday.

I know you didn't ask this, but personally I'd be staying around Intl Drive a bit longer and going to the Universal and Seaworld parks, doing a bit of shopping at the outlets before heading to Disney.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It depends on when you are thinking of leaving Intl Drive and heading to Disney on your first Thursday. If you are going there early in the morning, then I'd go to a park that day. If you aren't planning on going over until midday or later then I'd use the ticket on your last day and just chill on that first Thursday.

If I was planning things then I'd probably aim for heading to Disney early and going to the park on that first Thurs. We never tend to go to a park on our last day. Mind you, our flight home has always been earlier in the day - around 4 or 5pm-ish - so we usually start heading to the airport just after midday.

I know you didn't ask this, but personally I'd be staying around Intl Drive a bit longer and going to the Universal and Seaworld parks, doing a bit of shopping at the outlets before heading to Disney.
Thank you. We do have other Universal days and shopping days planned in (decided not to visit Seaworld this time). I think we’ve decided to head over to our Disney resort quite early and then go into one of the parks until our room is ready. As it looks like we can also visit a park on our last day we might do that to so that we can all pick our favourite to ride one more time!
Old 7 Sep 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We are usually at a park at rope drop on our very first day (Seaworld).. in fact we are always at a park at rope drop on our very first day (Seaworld).

The thought of this not being the case is beyond contemplation. Our last day is spent refining our packing and maybe popping out for a little shopping at either Disney Springs of an outlet.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

As others have said I believe its a 14 day ticket from the day of activation, so as long as you have one day off from the parks you can visit on both days. Personally I always do the last day as we have to check out so might as well go to a park, first day is normally the travel day so we don't bother, obviously a little different in your case as you haven't been traveling.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List