Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Sep 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimitris
Dancing with Tink'

Price of holiday gone down

Hi,

Just seen today that the holiday I booked about a month ago has dropped in price by £877.00. This holiday was booked with BA direct. Initial price £6575.00 now £5698.00 Based on the fact I have paid only £350.00 deposit it still make sense to cancel and rebook even if it means losing the £350.00 but is that my only option.? I have tried to speak to BA today but there is more chance of platting water then speaking to them at the minute.

If I cancel can I get a voucher for the deposit or would it just be a loss of the deposit although a gain overall with savings still at £527.00

Holiday is booked for May 2022.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Dimitris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

First rule of the dibb- never go back and check prices!
I think you’re likely to lose your deposit in this situation as that’s the price you paid when booking.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Cancel your booking and get a voucher for the cost of your deposit. Then book the new holiday paying the deposit, to secure the new price. Once you receive your voucher phone BA and they will apply it to your new holiday. They will have everything time stamped so they will know you cancelled your original booking before making the new booking. Yes you have to pay out a second deposit now but at least you are not loosing it, and you have secured the better price. If you wait for the voucher to come through before booking the new holiday you risk the holiday price going up. You can literally cancel one minute and the very next make a new booking for this to be doable.
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Magicmethere
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Think you would get a voucher for the deposit and then can rebook with it.

We got our deposit back via vouchers for a BA holiday in July we cancelled.
Magicmethere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Be careful - I booked a new trip for the same dates with BA because it was cheaper. This triggered a policy I never knew existed that meant the new one was automatically cancelled as a duplicate booking. They sorted it out for me over the phone in the end, but it took a while. Lesson learned.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I think you’re likely to lose your deposit in this situation as that’s the price you paid when booking.
Not with BAs covid guarantee. Keep checking and save money.

Do it in this order online and you don’t need to call:
Cancel. Get an FTV. Make the new booking. Email them to get your FTV applied to your new booking.

You can’t use FTVs online but you can email to get them applied to bookings made after a FTV was requested.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Be careful - I booked a new trip for the same dates with BA because it was cheaper. This triggered a policy I never knew existed that meant the new one was automatically cancelled as a duplicate booking. They sorted it out for me over the phone in the end, but it took a while. Lesson learned.
Yes you have to cancel the first one, first.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Actually no , with some tour operators you’d be correct but not with BA’s current policy.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Actually no , with some tour operators you’d be correct but not with BA’s current policy.
I’ve been trying to contact BA for 3 days so if anyone can get any help from them about anything I’d consider them very lucky 😅
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Dimitris
Dancing with Tink'

Thanks for the info everyone. Much appreciated.
I have been unable to speak to BA on the telephone and I am unable to cancel the existing booking online so I have applied for a voucher online quoting the original booking reference and then rebooked completely at the new price paying another deposit.
Hopefully this works out and I make a huge saving.

I will update once I get confirmation.
Dimitris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List