Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 21, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

US travel - children and vaccination

Latest on bbc news is “
Officials said there would be some exceptions to the new policy, including for children who are not eligible to be vaccinated.”

Could be a case of looking at the small print for eligibility. All 12-15 are now eligible so looks like they’d have to be vaccinated but uk policy is only one dose rather than the required 2…

bbc/news/world-us-canada-58628491

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by riversider2014 View Post
Latest on bbc news is “
Officials said there would be some exceptions to the new policy, including for children who are not eligible to be vaccinated.”

Could be a case of looking at the small print for eligibility. All 12-15 are now eligible so looks like they’d have to be vaccinated but uk policy is only one dose rather than the required 2…

bbc/news/world-us-canada-58628491

And on the state or city as Palm Springs in California is VERY strict on vaccine and you need to show it in every restaurant and bar, hotel, and that includes school age children 12 and over (and currently only Pfizer) others states may not be the same .

Edited at 07:17 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Pfizer only could also be interesting for adults as currently AstraZeneca isn’t approved in USA - I would assume it would be ok to travel with this but who knows…

riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Pfizer only could also be interesting for adults as currently AstraZeneca isn’t approved in USA - I would assume it would be ok to travel with this but who knows…
I believe it has been now, it was in the press a while ago that WHO and the CDC recognise it
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill635 View Post
I believe it has been now, it was in the press a while ago that WHO and the CDC recognise it
From the Californian Govt website: vaccinateall58/?utm_...SAAEgIdAfD_BwE

On August 23, 2021, the FDA fully approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for everyone ages 16 and up.

Since December 11, 2020, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has been available under a FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). EUAs are granted when results from extensive and rigorous trials demonstrate a vaccine is safe, and allow the use during emergencies, such as a pandemic, while full FDA review is completed. FDA approval reinforces confidence in the safety and efficacy of the vaccine against the COVID-19 virus.

Full FDA approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine means the FDA has determined, based on substantial evidence, that the vaccine is safe and effective for its intended use and that the benefits of the vaccine far outweigh any known and potential risks.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was put through the same rigorous testing and FDA review procedures as previously approved vaccines. No steps were skipped, and the long standing precedents and methods for ensuring vaccine safety were followed throughout the approval process.

The review process continues for full approval of the other vaccines. Full FDA approval for Pfizer-BioNTech does not mean people who received the Moderna vaccine are not protected and does not mean that people should get a second series of the vaccine.

Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Update:

California lifted the temporary pause on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Visit the Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup report to learn more.

Edited at 07:42 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
From the Californian Govt website: vaccinateall58/?utm_...SAAEgIdAfD_BwE

On August 23, 2021, the FDA fully approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for everyone ages 16 and up.

Since December 11, 2020, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine has been available under a FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). EUAs are granted when results from extensive and rigorous trials demonstrate a vaccine is safe, and allow the use during emergencies, such as a pandemic, while full FDA review is completed. FDA approval reinforces confidence in the safety and efficacy of the vaccine against the COVID-19 virus.

Full FDA approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine means the FDA has determined, based on substantial evidence, that the vaccine is safe and effective for its intended use and that the benefits of the vaccine far outweigh any known and potential risks.

The Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was put through the same rigorous testing and FDA review procedures as previously approved vaccines. No steps were skipped, and the long standing precedents and methods for ensuring vaccine safety were followed throughout the approval process.

The review process continues for full approval of the other vaccines. Full FDA approval for Pfizer-BioNTech does not mean people who received the Moderna vaccine are not protected and does not mean that people should get a second series of the vaccine.

Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Update:

California lifted the temporary pause on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Visit the Western States Scientific Safety Review Workgroup report to learn more.
I was talking with regards to the AZ vaccine. I can remember reading something, and then verifying it on the CDC and US Gov website. I’m just trying to find those links again to check
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Up to 3 weeks ago it wasn’t and a google search brought nothing up for approval.

independent/travel...-b1909137.html

It would be odd though to make this announcement and then say ‘oh by the way, if you have AZ then you still need to quarantine’

Old 20 Sep 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Another search. New York have but as of 4 days ago US as a whole still haven’t

fit.thequint/coronavirus...ccine-approval

Old 20 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Mobile

Up to 3 weeks ago it wasn’t and a google search brought nothing up for approval.

independent/travel...-b1909137.html

It would be odd though to make this announcement and then say ‘oh by the way, if you have AZ then you still need to quarantine’
I can’t even remember where I initially saw it to be honest, I kind of put it to one side as I wasn’t expecting to be allowed to visit anyway ha ha

If I remember rightly, it was in connection with information from WHO.

I could very well be wrong though.

We do have a trip to NYC planned for Christmas, however we also all had the AZ vaccine, so I’ll still not get my hopes up ha ha
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

If it helps, this document says AZ is included as its anything with WHO emergency use.

cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html

Scroll down to the asterisk at the bottom for the info but this is what it says.

Edited at 08:00 PM.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List