Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
bigseve
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Thank you xx he’s just the sweetest little dog I definitely treat him like my baby ❤️

I didn’t know whether or not to ring the police, I was going to speak to the dog warden tomorrow and take advice from them.

Does anyone know should I be ringing the police?
There’s information the gov.uk website but yes, you can ring the police.

gov.uk/control-dog-public/report-a-dog

Hope you’re dog is ok.

If people can’t control their dog they should not be out with them.

I’d definitely be calling the police if it was me.
bigseve is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

That is just awful. Your poor dog. Please update us on how he is tomorrow.

I think you should still report it even if there is nothing that can be done as then at least there is a record of it.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Thank you xx he’s just the sweetest little dog I definitely treat him like my baby ❤️

I didn’t know whether or not to ring the police, I was going to speak to the dog warden tomorrow and take advice from them.

Does anyone know should I be ringing the police?
Yes you should call the police. Whilst it was an attack on a dog not a person, so possibly can't be charged, the dog is still clearly dangerous.

Have a look at this advice from the RSPCA. rspca.uk/getinvolved/campaign/bsl/dda
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you everyone, the owner kept saying she was sorry but I just wanted to get away from her, I said we needed to get to the vets and she kept saying she would pay the vet.

That’s the last thing I was thinking about to be honest I just wanted to get him away from the dog and get him safe.

Spoonarama I didn’t know if we could press charges because it was a dog on dog attack?

I am going to ring the dog warden tomorrow, I’m thinking surely the dog should be muzzled on walks now?
One of our neighbours had a dog who got out and attacked their next door neighbours dog whilst she was on a lead and walking beside their baby in a pram and sadly didn’t survive, the owner called the police and the dog that got out had to be put down.
This caused a massive fall out and they ended up moving 😪
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

It depends on the circs for police involvement. If the dog attacked you or you felt you were in immediate danger of being attacked it could be, but if it’s just dog on dog it becomes a lot more complicated.

The fact she’s accepted liability and she is in the wrong is good so if it came to it you’d have a good civil claim.

That said the RSPCA/dog warden might be able to assist as they could go down the dog control order route Ie making sure they are muzzled and secure.

Hopefully the little one is ok and hasn’t scared her too much, as I know these things can be very traumatic for them
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How awful for you and hope your little dog will be ok
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

A neighbour’s dog killed another neighbour’s cat a few months ago. The owner was ordered to muzzle it in public but he never does. The neighbour who’s cat it killed frequently reports the dog owner for being out with the dog unmuzzled but they don’t have resources to deal with it. I really don’t know what the answer is. Just this weekend, as I went to turn in my drive, the dog owner’s second dog came flying past my car at incredible speed, jumped straight over a four foot fence without touching it and was running around on the field opposite. That dog was really running wild, I was afraid to get out of my car. My daughter thought it was a deer! Both dogs are quite big.
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
spoonarama
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
One of our neighbours had a dog who got out and attacked their next door neighbours dog whilst she was on a lead and walking beside their baby in a pram and sadly didn’t survive, the owner called the police and the dog that got out had to be put down.
This caused a massive fall out and they ended up moving 😪
That's awful! How on earth can the owner of the attacking dog fall out with anyone! If my dog (long since passed) had killed another dog, you as an owner have to accept the consequences
spoonarama is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Trickytenrec
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh how awful! I’m so sorry and I hope your dog has a quick recovery. I would phone the police too, maybe they could talk with the owners of the dog and hopefully tell her she needs to muzzle that dog!
Trickytenrec is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

I’m so very sorry about what happened
Truly awful
Sending love & hope he’ll be ok in the morning ❤️
Xxx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List