Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Sep 21, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have found that in all the homes I visit, sky q works best with sky routers forming a mesh system. I go to a few homes that don’t want sky engineer do have problems with the mini box’s losing connection.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
I have Virgin cable broadband and our connection to Sky Q box is wired.
We do have Skq Q box upstairs which doesn’t lose connection however.

Could it be BT?- they are notorious (in my experience) of poor signal with dropout.
Haven’t they got new broadband which is linked with EE as a back up?
Are you unable to plug it in wired or is it because it’s in another room?
The router is in another room to the sky q box so wouldn’t be able to plug it in so that it’s wired.

I didn’t realise that BT had a reputation for having rubbish broadband. At first, it seemed better than Sky (a lot quicker) and now it seems a lot worse! 😩
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I have found that in all the homes I visit, sky q works best with sky routers forming a mesh system. I go to a few homes that don’t want sky engineer do have problems with the mini box’s losing connection.
I read about this mesh system and it’s gone straight over my head! 😂 How do I achieve it? In very, very simple terms?
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
The router is in another room to the sky q box so wouldn’t be able to plug it in so that it’s wired.

I didn’t realise that BT had a reputation for having rubbish broadband. At first, it seemed better than Sky (a lot quicker) and now it seems a lot worse! 😩
BT Broadband and their homehub is the best available from the main suppliers. I have already told you how to fix the issue and the link to Sky gives the steps on how to do it
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Follow the steps for updating the software on the Q box (steps on line , calls are off the wall today, quicker to do that than call ) if that doesn’t work PM me .
I’m a bit confused if the WiFi is poor only to the Q box or all your devices though ?

Edited at 05:35 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Follow the steps for updating the software on the Q box (steps on line , calls are off the wall today, quicker to do that than call ) if that doesn’t work PM me .
I’m a bit confused if the WiFi is poor only to the Q box or all your devices though ?
Thank you. I’ll give that a try. 👍🏻
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
As I have said Wi-fi terrible for sky Q I had this time and again but when I went though wired it solved the problem but it might not for others funny thing the sky Q mini is fine but had same problem when main box when’s though wi fi
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Its the most common problem with the Sky Q box. The useless Sky technical guys are well aware of the problem but will deny any knowledge of it.

If you kick off on the phone then they will post you a new box and it will resolve the issue for at least a few months.

To fix it (temporary) just restart your BT Home Hub.
In your dreams

( “From the useless tech guy-ess)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
In your dreams

( “From the useless tech guy-ess)

Last time I called they suggested unplugging and waiting 30 seconds to fix it

It was only when I showed them the Sky Q forum they changed their mind and sent me a new box

It might have been you
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
A mesh system is a interlocking wifi coverage, you do need half decent speed coming in to start with. We have 75mb coming in and have approx 50mb covering the whole house. I don’t know if the bt hub will form a mesh with sky q and mini box. We have a main q box and 2 mini box’s and sky latest hub.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List