Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 12 Sep 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

The C Word

Sorry to be mentioning Christmas in September… but kinda not sorry because I absolutely LOVE the build up. Especially now we have a little boy to share the magic with ❤️.

Christmas last year was a little (or indeed a lot) different for many of us with plans changed or cancelled last minute. Some of us didn’t even decorate and I know a good number didn’t bother with a traditional Christmas dinner.

What are your plans this year? Are you going all out? Going abroad? Or were there elements of the more low key Christmas last year that you enjoyed and plan to incorporate this year?

For us, we absolutely cannot wait to have family over - we had planned last year to do a Christmas farm trail with them and our little boy the day before Christmas Eve but that was all cancelled - so we’re looking forward to hopefully being able to do that this year and then the Gruffalo Trail on Christmas Eve to tire everyone out before hot chocolates at home and putting out the essentials for Father Christmas and his reindeer.

That being said, the slower pace of life last year was far more appreciated than we thought. None of the numerous work gatherings and our family lives over 4 hours away so there was no packing the car to the brim, long drives and racing to see family members various. It was a much more chilled out time and Elliott got to enjoy his presents and we got to spend the leave period relaxing and recharging our batteries a bit. So we’ll definitely be incorporating that this year and not feeling like we have to say yes to everything.

Really looking forward to reading about what you all have planned 😍
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I just want DD and DSIL to be able to come to us for a few days, don’t need anything else
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

I absolutely love the lead up and preparation for Christmas, and sadly have missed out on it for the last two year's. 2019 due to family issues and last year due to Covid, like everyone else.

Sadly, this year looks as it's going the same way as MIL is critically ill in hospital and still waiting for a Diagnosis despite being in Hospital for 4 weeks. We know it's cancer but not sure which yet so not sure of likelihood of successful treatment.

I'm a planner so it's very difficult.

Enjoy Christmas with you little boy, they grow up so fast xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

So sorry Button... hope things improve for you x

We enjoyed not going to works' Xmas meals, so I have already said I'm not going this year.

We had a nice Xmas last year... we and husband's brother provide care for mother in law, so had a small Xmas with our 2 daughters, one home from uni , MIL,BIL... was kind of like normal but "less"... (and, thankfully, totally within the rules of the time, whatever they were at the time...)

I hope to maybe do the same but "more" Christmassy this year.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ansi41
VIP Dibber

To be honest we're not planning much.
We lost my mum in December 2019 and my dad in January this year, so this Christmas will be the first without either of my parents .My mum loved coming to us for Christmas every year as she was my gin and champagne drinking buddy . Our son has aspergers so as long as he has a few ps5 games to occupy him, he couldn't care less if it's Christmas or not. And we don't have much family so all quiet there too.
So if I could justify the cost and covid wasn't a worry, I think I would prefer to go away somewhere warm and forget about it. I don't think I'm even going to bother about a Christmas dinner
Sorry to be morbid but it's still nice to see what everyone else will be doing x
ansi41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Wasn’t thinking about planning Christmas yet but ds suggested that he and family plus his in laws all come to us for Christmas and stop overnight so they can have a drink and not drive. Foolishly said yes to a lot of work as we felt a bit guilty about not joining them last year for Christmas as we had our reasons for wanting to stay in Essex last Christmas.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

No plans yet but on Saturday I bought some Christmas spice washing up liquid..its beginning to look a lot like christmas! 🤶🎄🎅🌲🎁 I drew the line there and resisited the mince pies and cake.
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Our Christmas day has been the sane every year we have been together 🤣
Morning is presents time then off to my mum’s for Christmas dinner, my sister usually pops round then we go home around 6pm.
I LOVE Christmas 🎄
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by littlelish0544 View Post
No plans yet but on Saturday I bought some Christmas spice washing up liquid..its beginning to look a lot like christmas! 🤶🎄🎅🌲🎁 I drew the line there and resisited the mince pies and cake.
I put some mince pies in my basket for Tuesday... tesco crumble top... they always run out before Xmas, so I'm prepared this year! Must watch out for the lemony crumbly topped Waitrose ones too...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I thought this thread was about something else when I saw the title…. Unfortunately seems to be more the X Word these days

Anyhow, we have already started. Getting ready for it…