Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Oct 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Happens all the time, I would not be bothered about it, CEO - CEO seems a bit over the top.

Politely decline, but keep your options open for the future.
JessBlu is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think you have made quite a meal of this and unnecessarily. People get head hunted in business, if you don’t want to move you politely decline. Absolutely no need for this escalation.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I've recently been recommended for a job by a friend who entered my email address on to their "refer a friend " system at her place of work. Could it be something like this?
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Happens all the time, I would not be bothered about it, CEO - CEO seems a bit over the top.

Politely decline, but keep your options open for the future.
I have declined.

I would just like to understand how they have my personal email address.

WDW Visited in 1992, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
Disneymaddaddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 21, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think you have made quite a meal of this and unnecessarily. People get head hunted in business, if you don’t want to move you politely decline. Absolutely no need for this escalation.
Yes I agree people do her head hunted I was for the job I am in now but it was thru an old colleagues who was asked for a recommendation and he said he would speak to me and get back to them with my. Intact details if I have permission.

I have also had people / agencies contact me on linked in and ask if I am interested which seems the professional way to do things.

I believe I have a right to k ow who has provided my email address, after all what else could they have shared?

WDW Visited in 1992, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
Disneymaddaddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I was once headhunted via email for a road sweepers position but I just brushed it off.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Disneymaddaddy View Post
I believe I have a right to k ow who has provided my email address, after all what else could they have shared?
Actually you don't as that would be a breach of that persons privacy. You could ask for a copy of everything the company know about you but any third party information unrelated to them would be redacted. On the other hand you could just put it down to experience and forget about it.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Wishtogoback
Excited about Disney

Have you done a google search on yourself to see what comes up? You would be surprised at the information available. Have you applied to recruitment agencies in the past, if so it is very possible they passed on your details. Have you asked your friends?

I also think you are making a big deal by involving your CEO, in particular if you are on your probation period. You will look like you can’t problem solve and can’t move on from things which isn’t a quality employers favour.
Wishtogoback is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

OP, try not to over think this; i get dozens of emails, some very random ones, and lots of dodgy ones, every week to my private email address. I just delete them and carry on.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bella9 View Post
OP, try not to over think this; i get dozens of emails, some very random ones, and lots of dodgy ones, every week to my private email address. I just delete them and carry on.
I agree with this. I get lots of pop up messages on my laptop when I accidentally go on an adult websites asking me to pay money or the FBI will arrest me.

Edited at 09:25 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List