Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Apr 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile Quick question regarding Global Entry

We’re looking to apply for this and I would just like to know if the 5 year period starts from the date of application or the date in which you have your interview and are approved?

Thanks!
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

From date of interview and five years depending on your birthday transfers to a new passport if need be
Ie I did mine September I get 5 years plus 7 months on mine DH did his on his birthday he gets exactly 5 years
You also need one for any children traveling with you
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
From date of interview and five years depending on your birthday transfers to a new passport if need be
Ie I did mine September I get 5 years plus 7 months on mine DH did his on his birthday he gets exactly 5 years
You also need one for any children traveling with you
Thanks for your reply! Ok, so we land on Aug 24th, my birthday is Aug 17th. Does that mean I would get almost 6 years? Have I got that right?
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes almost 6 years did mine September 18 get to May 2024 DH November 18 to November 23 justbthe luck of the draw
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes almost 6 years did mine September 18 get to May 2024 DH November 18 to November 23 justbthe luck of the draw uand keep a note of your numbers you need to put it in your API each time as a non US citizen you don’t get a card issued with it on
Old 18 Apr 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great thanks! 👍🏼
Old 18 Apr 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yes almost 6 years did mine September 18 get to May 2024 DH November 18 to November 23 justbthe luck of the draw uand keep a note of your numbers you need to put it in your API each time as a non US citizen you don’t get a card issued with it on
Thanks for that info. We just got ours after an interview on arrival last Sunday. The officer said we would get an email and checked our emails were correct. No emails came, but I logged back into the site and I have been approved, so I printed out my letter, but the officer didn't actually tell us how to use the system in the future, so I'll pop the letter I printed inside my passport cover. DH has still to log in, so I am only assuming he has been approved too.
Old 11 May 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Also, can anyone tell me how fast the interview was? Were you greeted with your standard rude immigration official or someone half decent?
Old 11 May 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Took about 15 mins for ours and we both felt they were very pleasant
No issues at all
Old 11 May 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Took about 15 mins for ours and we both felt they were very pleasant
No issues at all
Thats a relief. I'm dreading it! Have to wait in the regular queue don't you?