Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Buy and Sell DVC
Unread 28 May 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ambermark
slightly serious Dibber

First ever trip :) Pre trip report

Hi all first time Ive ever done any kind of trip report so hope Im doing it right!
So bit of background, theres me, my husband who has a number of medical problems, my daughter whos 11 and my son whos 12.
Weve always talked about Florida, but it always seemed like one of those things you talk about but only rich people did we did look at going about 5 years back but then the car broke down, then there was Christmas, etc etc and we just never managed it.
Fast forward to now. Hubbys health has been a steady decline the past year, and being brutally honest if we dont do it soon, we probably never will iykwim. So we took the plunge and booked!
Were staying on I-drive for 8 days next may. Were on a strict budget sadly so only planning one day in MK, one day are HS and a few days at universal. Not ideal but better than nothing
As soon as we told my mum wed booked she booked too! So her, my dad and my niece (13) are coming along as well.
So much planning to do!

Flying with Virgin from Gatwick, got V-lounge included so looking forward to that
Insurance done and disney tickets booked for May 21st (HS) and May 26 (MK)
Also booked for Savis and the cantina in Galaxys edge so have a very excited husband

Edited at 03:52 PM. Reason: Add info
Ambermark is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our First Trip!
Unread 28 May 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
geggsthepeggs
Gone all Goofy

Hi Ambermark, really looking forward to reading all about your plans and adventures!
DLP - Newport Bay Club - February 2017

WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort - August 2019
geggsthepeggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR with all my boys :)
Unread 29 May 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
VIP Dibber

sounds good! Try insurewith.com they have been great for me.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
California & Mexican Riviera
Unread 8 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ambermark
slightly serious Dibber

Insurance booked, all park tickets books (not paid for fully yet though) just photo passes to do and kennels to sort and thats all the main things done!
Its coming about so quickly now
Ambermark is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our First Trip!
Unread 8 Jan 20, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Looking forward to following along sorry to hear about your husbands declining health issues.
I know you won't regret booking... Holidays are what I call the best investment as I am investing in memories and this last few years I have done a lot of investing but it is well worth it
3disneykids is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Just found your Pretrip, I love to hear the excitement of a first trip 😀 I hope you and your family have a great time.

I think its better to do just a few parks on a first trip, especially as you are only there 8 days. There is so much to see and do in each park that you could never fit it all in in 8 days. Much better to make the most of each park day and fully explore that park instead of running around trying to fit it all in

Edited at 02:35 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Athens adventures
Unread 8 Jan 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ambermark
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Looking forward to following along sorry to hear about your husbands declining health issues.
I know you won't regret booking... Holidays are what I call the best investment as I am investing in memories and this last few years I have done a lot of investing but it is well worth it
Thats what I tell him Hes all about putting money away to take care of us and I'm like pft, no, book a holiday
Our First Trip!
Unread 8 Jan 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Ambermark
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Just found your Pretrip, I love to hear the excitement of a first trip 😀 I hope you and your family have a great time.

I think its better to do just a few parks on a first trip, especially as you are only there 8 days. There is so much to see and do in each park that you could never fit it all in in 8 days. Much better to make the most of each park day and fully explore that park instead of running around trying to fit it all in
Thank you Ive lost count of the amount of times Ive said to everyone 'now we wont get everything done you know this yes?' but they seem ok with it Ive told everyone they can pick one thing they realllllly want to do and ill make sure we do that so hopefully that will work.
Our First Trip!