Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 16 Jul 19, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like everything is coming together nicely Lisa! Lots of fab activities too Charlie there.

It makes my eyes water when it comes to park tickets but you always know it WILL be worth it & Charlie is still free too - yay!

Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I can't wait to go back...
Unread 16 Jul 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Oooooh look at that lovely countdown

Have to admit, Im kinda jealous of all of Charlies plane activities haha! Im sure hell be more than occupied!

Universal ticket prices are ridiculous! Disney is for sure better value. And to think they still charge for express passes!

Ah what a lovely thing for Pamela to do! I never saw these when I was out, so Im very happy you got one

So excited for you all xxx
If I am honest I totally bought the funny face sticker book for me

Universal really is working out crazy money when you add in the cost of staying at HRH to get express passes! Ah well, you can't put a price on memories eh!

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Great planning, I cant wait to follow your travels. Theres nothing like your childrens 1st visit to WDW (took our 4 for their 1st trip back in April, albeit youngest was 7 & eldest 16), but still, it was so special to give them the holiday of a lifetime.
I love all of your ears, t-shirts & Charlie's activities.
And what a good idea re booking flexible Premier Inn rates & then looking for cheaper saver ones & switching. Never thought of that & am due to book 3 nights soon for a UK break, so will be using this tip! Thank you.
We are still watching the saver rate for Premier Inn, they don't seem to be budging sadly though so think it will soon be time to bite the bullet and just book (as they are still 20 cheaper than the flexible rate we have at the moment so still a saving!)

I'm so excited for Charlie to experience WDW for the first time, I don't think it matters at what age it happens, it is always going to magical (I was 29 on my first visit and it was still the most amazing thing ever!)

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Sounds like everything is coming together nicely Lisa! Lots of fab activities too Charlie there.

It makes my eyes water when it comes to park tickets but you always know it WILL be worth it & Charlie is still free too - yay!

Xx
Oh goodness, I am so thankful we don't have to pay for tickets for Charlie yet... when that happens I think we have to leave him at home!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Disneyland Paris
Unread 17 Jul 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

All sounds like it is coming together. I was admiring your lovely countdown, then realised that as we go two weeks later, ours is only 14 days longer! Hurray!

The plane activities look good - those water colouring things are great and we used to get a lot of value from them. I can recommend the JVC Tinyphones headphones amazon/JVC-Phones-.../dp/B005OQ5GPY (We like them so much that we've had 3 sets - the first lasted from age 18 months until they accidentally got broken in Japan last year - so a good 5 years. The second set is used only at school - 3 years, still gong strong. They seem to be comfortable and although they have a volume limiter, it still goes high enough for them to audible on a plane above the engine noise.)

Do you have a link for that autograph book - it looks fab!
Uh Oh Four Oh! NY, NOLA, a cruise & DC!
Unread 18 Jul 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
All sounds like it is coming together. I was admiring your lovely countdown, then realised that as we go two weeks later, ours is only 14 days longer! Hurray!

The plane activities look good - those water colouring things are great and we used to get a lot of value from them. I can recommend the JVC Tinyphones headphones amazon/JVC-Phones-.../dp/B005OQ5GPY (We like them so much that we've had 3 sets - the first lasted from age 18 months until they accidentally got broken in Japan last year - so a good 5 years. The second set is used only at school - 3 years, still gong strong. They seem to be comfortable and although they have a volume limiter, it still goes high enough for them to audible on a plane above the engine noise.)

Do you have a link for that autograph book - it looks fab!
How exciting, you trip will be here so soon too!

Thank you so much for the recommendation on the headphones, these one look great! I love how colourful they are too!

The autograph book was from eBay, so pleased with it as it's such lovely quality! It can be found here
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Disneyland Paris
Unread 18 Jul 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ahh thinks are ticking along nicely! Love the autograph book and coin book - so cute and such a lovely keepsake! I bet you can't wait :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyworld!
Unread 22 Jul 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

And I'm all caught up! So excited about the Hard Rock news. 290! That's such an increase. It's a real pig about the Hogwarts Express and the sting of the park to park tickets, isn't it? I guess they've got to pay for Volcano Bay somehow - do you think you'll visit there?

Glad all the bits are coming together and lovely things for Charlie too. The next two months are going to fly by! I am so excited for you!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to WDW in...
Unread 25 Jul 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
Ahh thinks are ticking along nicely! Love the autograph book and coin book - so cute and such a lovely keepsake! I bet you can't wait :-) x
The excitement is getting out of control now, it seems since hitting double digits the time is flying by!

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
And I'm all caught up! So excited about the Hard Rock news. 290! That's such an increase. It's a real pig about the Hogwarts Express and the sting of the park to park tickets, isn't it? I guess they've got to pay for Volcano Bay somehow - do you think you'll visit there?

Glad all the bits are coming together and lovely things for Charlie too. The next two months are going to fly by! I am so excited for you!
Crazy price for HRH, when you add in the cost of the park tickets and parking it sure makes for an expensive couple of days! But you can't put a price on memories right?!

No plans to go to any water parks on this trip, the villa complex has a great pool area so hoping that will be a good enough substitute! (There is a bar that serves cocktails... that's me sold! )
Back to Disneyland Paris
Unread 5 Aug 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Villa paid off and the last park tickets sorted!

Well we seem to have ticked off a fair few things in the past week so I thought it was worth an update!

So firstly, the outstanding balance on the villa has been paid! Annoyingly due to the rubbish exchange rate this ended up costing us a bit more than we originally budgeted for but hey, one of those things that is out of our control! Nice to know it is all sorted and we now have all the details in our possession (including the full address and access details) which makes me feel much happier! I have spent a lot of time since looking it up on Google maps... I am so excited for this pool area, Charlie is going to be in his element (he is an absolute water baby!)

Next up... Seaworld tickets are sorted! Thanks to a post from a lovely fellow Dibber we got a great deal on these, booking through Expedia and using a 25% off discount code. We have also bought Quick Queue for the bargain price of 16 each. We thought given there will be quite a few bigger rides that Charlie won't be able to go on this will allow us to nip on and off them pretty quickly! It does also include attractions he can go on such as Antartica: Emperor of the Penguin... I can't wait to see his reaction to this (to both the penguins and the cold! )

A quick trip down memory lane to our visit back in 2016...

We have also reserved a table at Shark's Underwater Grill for lunch. We visited here on our last trip so were keen to come back with Joan, John and Charlie... at the very least that huge fish tank will keep Charlie entertained whilst we eat!

Along with Seaworld, we have also sorted KSC tickets. I found the cheapest place was Orlando Attractions which also had the benefit that they are real gate-ready tickets with no set date. This will be our third trip out to KSC, we always have such a fab day there so I'm really looking forward to this one... and yes Rach, I am going to brave the blue slides this time!

One last update... we managed to change our Garden Grill breakfast reservation to an earlier time! On releasing at 180 days out the earliest slot we could get was 9:40... since then I have changed to 9:30 then to 8:55 and now to 8:35... much better!

So that pretty much means other than spending money everything is paid up and sorted! Now I am eagerly awaiting FP booking at the end of the month... wish me luck on that one, I will of course update when they are done!

Back to Disneyland Paris