Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Aug 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyLoveCo
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Also Universal sell a refillable cup, think it's about $8.99 but refills are only 99c...you can use this at both Universal parks for the duration of your stay ( in fact in years to come)... SeaWorld/Aquatica/Busch do the same too.
Let's say we are going universal for 3 days, if a purchased one of the refillable mugs, would I be able to use the same mug across all the 3 days and just pay 99c refill it each time or would i have to purchase a mug every day?
GoofyLoveCo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 15, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
challybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyLoveCo View Post
Let's say we are going universal for 3 days, if a purchased one of the refillable mugs, would I be able to use the same mug across all the 3 days and just pay 99c refill it each time or would i have to purchase a mug every day?
you can use the same refillable mug, we are taking ours we bought in 2010 and also used it in 2012 , we are also buying the coke freestyle cup for $12/$14 with free refills and pay extra to use it the next day
Old 6 Aug 15, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Gepetto;10898758]I guess we aren't like that... 1st trip we did all of that, buying a lot of tat.

This made me chuckle! My husband love going to florida and loves all the Disney parks but he says the Disney park stores are full of 'tat'! He is never happy when the kids want to spend a small fortune in there but they use their own money (they always get dollars for birthdays) so he can't stop them! Personally I love all that 'tat'

As for spends, we spend $25 on Danishes for an healthy breakfast and at least $25 on ice creams and then around $40-$70 on lunch in the parks and then we usually eat dinner off site for around $100 (we are a family if five). We like to stick to $200 per day but some days it's more and some days it's less so evens out and we always carry $200 extra in case I or the kids see that 'must have' but that can sit at the back of the wallet for a few days
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 15, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I agree with gepetto , you can go to the Disney outlets and get current park merchandise for a fraction of the park price, In fact most times it's still in the parks , so go their first. Same with the Disney store see what offers they have on and go to the mall. There are something's that you will get just from the parks but that depends on you. I paid $25 for a Christmas decoration with our name and year on , my friend was horrified I'd paid that much. I always take my card for the additional purchases but spend if I think it's value for money. Some stuff is just purely overpriced.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 15, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
wmc711
Imagineer

Been at Universal yesterday and today unlimited refill cup $25 as fuelled till Saturday, food eating free at hotel, snacks around $15 shopping around $600 so far

Every day should be a Disney Day

Will.I.Am
wmc711 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 15, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie_91
Excited about Disney

To be honest, i don't think I've spent more than $20 for the whole two week while at the parks,
I have a big breakfast before i go to any park
Buy the multi pack of water from Walmart and bring them to the parks, and re-fill with the fountains.
If were hungry during half time, we normally buy something like the big 0 and share it...
then on the way out we go to 7/11 and get a big gulp and a hotdog for like $2.
jamie_91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 15, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

yes you can bring food into most parks except seaword
buttys water etc etc but you cant have them in a hard walled cooler box it must be a soft fabric one

what we are looking at doing is getting a Styrofoam cooler from walmart and some bin bags fill a bin bag with ice and store snacks and drinks in there for you get out of the parks and with the ice in a bag easy to dispose when melted and should keep the snacks dry
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 15, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyLoveCo
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by wmc711 View Post
Been at Universal yesterday and today unlimited refill cup $25 as fuelled till Saturday, food eating free at hotel, snacks around $15 shopping around $600 so far
Does the $25 include yesterday today and tomorrow? So 25 dollars for 3 days of unlimited refills or is there a charge on top to refill. If it is $25 for the three days that's great as me and the OH drink the same soft drinks so it save a bit.
GoofyLoveCo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 15, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

We had the DDP so didn't really spend much.

Breakfast we at at our hotel (OKW) then we had a QS meal at lunch and as TS for dinner. We used snack credits for Ice cream. We took some Robinson's squash things with us and asked for iced water in the parks for dd who doesn't drink anything fizzy.

When we ate lunch (QS) we shared a couple of coke's etc at lunch between us and saved bottles of water for later. We also shared the cookies from lunch and saved 2 for later. They are massive!

Universal however we spent more on food (no dining plan) but the drinks were cheaper, as we used the freestyle machines.

I love the dining plan
Old 7 Aug 15, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
secretivemum
Imagineer

We hardly spent anything on things like food and drinks...the odd pretzel or drink so maybe $30 a day between the five of us...don't forget to allow money for parking if you are staying off site...not sure how much it is now but sure someone will tell you.
That said on the last day we did spend about $300 on note books and ear rings and cuddly toys and all that daft stuff that you just have to have.
secretivemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread