Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 Oct 19, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Via Napoli for us. It’s a must even if we’re on the QS and have to pay for it. Absolutely LOVE it.

Teppan Edo will also now be on our list going forward as we enjoyed it there last year .
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I'm usually not on the dining plan. My absolute must-do these days is brunch at California Grill (it's the only ADR I've booked for my upcoming trip so far) - it's a signature though so prices will be higher!

Other places I've been to that I'll happily go back to (not on dining plan) would include
Garden Grill - some of the best character interaction ever, food was OK
Kona Cafe - thinking of going back again this trip
Sanaa - cool animals (though some construction ongoing now) and bread service is yummy!

Places that I'm thinking of trying on upcoming trip (which would be OOP) include
Boma
Art Smith's homecoming
Yak and yeti
Jiko
Le cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Akershus
The Boathouse

Edited at 04:24 PM.
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Nine dragons and spice road table are good ones to pay for at Epcot.

Nomad lounge for small plates at AK. Yak and Yeti.

Skippers at MK.

We really liked the big meat and cheese plate at wine bar George and paid oop for that.

I really like Tuskers and we paid for it at Christmas and it isn’t really worth the cost imo, happily do it on the dining plan.
Old 17 Oct 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Were not on a dining plan this year but have spent 2 nights at all Star Sports and currently at French Quarter. Didn’t book any ADRs in advance as just wanted to go with the flow. We ate at T Rex on Monday night - used fhe Landrys card and was seated in 5 mins. Last night we managed to get an adr for 7pm at Sanaa, one that is always on our list but never quite makes the final cut, and I’m so glad we decided to go, the food was lovely and it was such a relaxed environment. We will go to Yak and Yeti next week when back at AK, again no ADR as will use the Landrys card. We’ve really enjoyed being more flexible this trip, and not having to stick to anything, there’s been plenty of adrs available on the day if we have wanted to have a sit down.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We are not on the DDP; and have paid OOP for Raglan Road ( awful service and food); Tusker House - breakfast but booked late time so got lunch too - excellent; Sanaa - booked for the bread service and shared entree - fantastic!
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
If you feel like a character breakfast, Bon Voyage at Trattorio al Forno on the Boardwalk was my favourite from our last trip. Enjoyed 1900 Park Fare and Tuskers also.
Thanks. I had forgotten about 1900 Park Fare. Did this with DS and DD on our very first trip. Might be one to add into the mix.

Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Via Napoli for us. It’s a must even if we’re on the QS and have to pay for it. Absolutely LOVE it.

Teppan Edo will also now be on our list going forward as we enjoyed it there last year .
Oh the pizzas at Via Napoli are lush. Another to consider. Thanks.

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I'm usually not on the dining plan. My absolute must-do these days is brunch at California Grill (it's the only ADR I've booked for my upcoming trip so far) - it's a signature though so prices will be higher!

Other places I've been to that I'll happily go back to (not on dining plan) would include
Garden Grill - some of the best character interaction ever, food was OK
Kona Cafe - thinking of going back again this trip
Sanaa - cool animals (though some construction ongoing now) and bread service is yummy!

Places that I'm thinking of trying on upcoming trip (which would be OOP) include
Boma
Art Smith's homecoming
Yak and yeti
Jiko
Le cellier
Liberty Tree Tavern
Akershus
The Boathouse
Thanks so much for this. Garden Grill I'm considering for breakfast after reading a Kenny The Prate article. We had lunch there several years ago and the characters were fab! Brunch at the Cali Grill I will definitely look into.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Nine dragons and spice road table are good ones to pay for at Epcot.

Nomad lounge for small plates at AK. Yak and Yeti.

Skippers at MK.

We really liked the big meat and cheese plate at wine bar George and paid oop for that.

I really like Tuskers and we paid for it at Christmas and it isn’t really worth the cost imo, happily do it on the dining plan.
Thanks for the feedback on Tuskers. I'll look into the others you mention.

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Were not on a dining plan this year but have spent 2 nights at all Star Sports and currently at French Quarter. Didn’t book any ADRs in advance as just wanted to go with the flow. We ate at T Rex on Monday night - used fhe Landrys card and was seated in 5 mins. Last night we managed to get an adr for 7pm at Sanaa, one that is always on our list but never quite makes the final cut, and I’m so glad we decided to go, the food was lovely and it was such a relaxed environment. We will go to Yak and Yeti next week when back at AK, again no ADR as will use the Landrys card. We’ve really enjoyed being more flexible this trip, and not having to stick to anything, there’s been plenty of adrs available on the day if we have wanted to have a sit down.
That's great about the Landrys card. We will do the same. Good to know that you've managed to get ADRs on the day. Thanks.

Originally Posted by guinness_79 View Post
We are not on the DDP; and have paid OOP for Raglan Road ( awful service and food); Tusker House - breakfast but booked late time so got lunch too - excellent; Sanaa - booked for the bread service and shared entree - fantastic!
Thanks. What a shame you had such poor service and food at Raglan Rd. We've also had not great service there before but return as I love their "sod the stew". Hope that they still do it!

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List