Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 9 - Pool & AK

The dining report for today is here.

I had planned a later start today as I knew we’d be tired after our busy few days. We didn’t set the alarm and awoke about 7.30am. This is when we discovered that we had new neighbours who were very noisy. They were fine when in the room but when leaving and coming back they were in and out, calling out to each other and generally being disturbing.

We took our time getting ready and had a breakfast of the mini cinnamon rolls we’d bought in Walmart. We decided to spend a couple of hours at the pool so stayed there until we started to get hungry.

Pool buddy.

We went to DS for lunch which in hindsight was a mistake. Sunday at DS was as bad as Saturday at Epcot. We had hoped to go to Chicken Guy but there was a huge queue. We reckoned all QS would be busy so decided on a TS and the Boathouse had availability. This was just ok and I regretted spending the money on it.

We didn’t look in any of the shops as it was so busy and instead went to Publix near the Vineland Outlets for some stuff. Marie was starting to get the cold and wanted some throat sweets plus we wanted to get some breakfast items.

We went back to the resort and had a cup of tea before heading out to AK. We had some FP booked and I’d booked the Pizzafari Family Style dining.

We left about 4ish and headed straight to FoP which was our first FP. Next was Everest before our dinner.

This is my review of Pizzafari in the dining report.

I had booked the Pizzafari family style meal for dinner today as it looked good value for a QS credit. We did a couple of rides then headed to check in. There was a short queue to check in then we were shown the menu and directed to a cashier to pay. This took ages and ages and even more ages. No one in front of us seemed to have looked into what was included or looked at the menu the CM had handed them so they all had a million questions. One group who were two families couldn’t decide how many of the meals they wanted and kept going back and forth. I thought I would die in that queue. The best of it was, the regular cashiers weren’t busy just the family style dining one!

Anyway, after turning 80 in the queue we were finally served and took about 30 seconds to tell the server we wanted a cheese pizza, diet coke and sprite. I had read that it was pepperoni pizza and if you wanted cheese you had to get the vegetarian option. This wasn’t the case and we were given a choice of cheese, pepperoni and another meat one I think. I don’t seem to have made a note. We were given a table number in a separate section to regular dining.

The starter was caprese salad (tomato and mozzarella with balsamic vinegar) and Caesar Salad.

This was a really big portion of each and more than enough for 2. We didn’t eat it all to avoid filling up. Marie didn’t eat any of the Caprese salad as she didn’t fancy it.

Next we were brought the chicken alfredo pasta and the baked ziti then the pizza. We were also brought the cannoli at this point.

The alfredo was nice but not that hot. The ziti was fine. The pizza would have been lovely however the tomato sauce was spicy, hot spicy and far too hot for me. I actually had to check with a CM that it was supposed to be spicy. He said just a little but this was really hot. Even Marie thought it was a bit hot and she’s more tolerant of heat than me.
We tried the cannoli and it was fine but it wouldn’t be my first choice dessert.

It was such a shame the pizza was so spicy as this would have been a really nice meal that we’d probably repeat. Now I’m a bit reluctant although I get it may be something that’s chef dependent.

After dinner we had a FP for the safari and while in the queue I made one for Dinosaur.

We stopped to look in on the otters on the way past. It's not easy to get pictures of these guys!

Okapi

Bongo (honest)

More Bongos

More safari pics

He did a poo immediately after I took this.

Lazy lions

Last one

On the way to Dinosaur we popped in to see Pandora at night and noticed FoP was a 2 hour wait at this point.

The Tree of Life was lit up too as we passed.

As we crossed the bridge into Dinoland we could see the back of Rivers of Light.

We saw enough to think it was nice but not something we're bothered about seeing.

We're not normally evening people but AK is definitely worth a visit in the dark.

We left after riding Dinosaur and watched the Emmys before going to sleep.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 02:18 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

A shame about the noisy neighbours ... I hope they didn't disturb you anymore. We had this last October and it was so annoying, we always tried to be as quiet as possible and we tried not to talk outside the rooms.

Pizzafari seems like such a shame. We didn't try it ourselves but our oldest 2 did and they didn't like it too much.

Another good day with so much done X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
A shame about the noisy neighbours ... I hope they didn't disturb you anymore. We had this last October and it was so annoying, we always tried to be as quiet as possible and we tried not to talk outside the rooms.

Pizzafari seems like such a shame. We didn't try it ourselves but our oldest 2 did and they didn't like it too much.

Another good day with so much done X
The neighbours were noisy every time they entered or left the room but we didn’t notice towards the end of the trip so I think they were only there a week.

It was a shame about Pizzafari as it’s such a good deal.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A nice lazy day is needed sometimes. We've never eaten at Pizzafari a shame about the spicy tomato sauce, but the salads both look lovely. Great photos of AK at night, it still feels really exciting to be able to stay there after dark.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Nice lazy day. Shame about the noisy neighbours.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A nice lazy day is needed sometimes. We've never eaten at Pizzafari a shame about the spicy tomato sauce, but the salads both look lovely. Great photos of AK at night, it still feels really exciting to be able to stay there after dark.
I think it’s my favourite evening park. I actually considered the after hours but it’s too expensive and a bit late for us .
Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Nice lazy day. Shame about the noisy neighbours.
To be fair they didn’t disturb us once they were in the room.

Trip Report Index
Old 18 Oct 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Do you know what? This year AK went to the top of the list for me as my favourite park. We just had such a fun time there. It's lovely in the evening.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Do you know what? This year AK went to the top of the list for me as my favourite park. We just had such a fun time there. It's lovely in the evening.
I find every year is different. That’s why I go back, each trip is a different experience. I do find the best days are when we don’t rush but still get loads done and find time for chilling!

Trip Report Index
Old 24 Dec 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It's annoying when people are queuing to pay for food, but haven't decided what they want yet. Why can't they be like me and have made that decision 6 months ago!
I love the parks at night. They're so pretty.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Dec 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
It's annoying when people are queuing to pay for food, but haven't decided what they want yet. Why can't they be like me and have made that decision 6 months ago!
I love the parks at night. They're so pretty.
Yes I’m the same. I could probably pre order all my meals!

Trip Report Index