Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Mar 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Question anyone use their doctors online system?

I popped in today and got them to set me up on the online system as I have repeat prescriptions to order soon and I'm waiting on some test results so figured it would be easier to do it online instead of having to go in. They said I would not be able to book appointments online at the moment which its understandable but when I got home and had a look they have also blocked me from accessing my medical file & any test results. Is that normal as it says on the website it allows you to see your medical records and test results which is partly what I wanted to do.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
I popped in today and got them to set me up on the online system as I have repeat prescriptions to order soon and I'm waiting on some test results so figured it would be easier to do it online instead of having to go in. They said I would not be able to book appointments online at the moment which its understandable but when I got home and had a look they have also blocked me from accessing my medical file & any test results. Is that normal as it says on the website it allows you to see your medical records and test results which is partly what I wanted to do.
I’ve used patient access for a few years , use for appointments and Repeat prescription .
With regards to the medical records, you don’t see your full medical record. I’ve tried lol, I’m sure it just says something about it’s shared.

Also tests we have to ring up for them , it’s only for app and prescriptions.
Ours is closed right now too.

Edited at 08:53 PM.
scottishmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

I use online and I can’t see my medical records or test results.

I was using “ask my GP” to ask for my repeat prescriptions but they’ve finally added it to the portal correctly so I don’t need to message them constantly.

I’ve also used ask my GP in the past, rather than make an appointment and it’s been really helpful.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Here in Wales we have 'My Health Online' I book my appointments and order my prescriptions.
Brilliant service, been using it for 3+ years at least.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

it just seemed a bit odd that it says on the gp website you can and there are options to do so once you log in but when you click on them it says they have blocked you from accessing this so

I'll have to try and ring them tomorrow and see if I can get someone to ring me about my test results as the next appointment is 6 weeks time and I really don't want to wait that long to find out
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We can ring up and get results over the phone .
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

We had to sign an additional form to be able to access test results, we opted out of the medical records option.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Butterbeer
Trying for More Ears

I use my doctor’s online access system and, like you, wanted to look at test results. When I clicked on the part to access my record it said something along the lines of I didn’t have permission to access them. However, it did have an option to request access to my records, which sent an automated message to the surgery who approved my access the next day. Do you have that option on there?
Butterbeer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DrMagical
Excited about Disney

Access to full medical records online is possible but has to be requested. It is possible your notes contain reference to 3rd person, safeguarding information or harmful information and so access may need vetted!
DrMagical is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DrMagical
Excited about Disney

p.s. use online as much as possible. A phone call for results or prescription request blocks a line and takes reception staff time. We need all the help we can get in the coming weeks and months.
DrMagical is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List