Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Jun 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I came a cross this from a few days ago

Here
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
If it comes off, another big project being built down south. Why not build it up north and inject some much needed cash.
Probably for the same reason new towns are being built in the south - infrastructure and where people want to be.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post

3.5 Billion

thats a great investment
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Funnily enough DS told me the other day he’d seen an announcement about a UK Disney being built in London. My first thought is that I would’ve read it on The Dibb if it was true (must admit I haven’t seen it on here before).
Told DS I thought it was unlikely. Reminded me of the era before DLP when there was talk of a new Disney. Remember my mum saying it should be built at Prospect Park in Reading, 😂, and my Dad telling her she was mad, it was left to the people of Reading & wouldn’t get approval. As a child I was immensely excited at the thought of a Disney park in my home town! 😂 😂
i remember the press when they were looking at a location for DLP, they looked at a area outside Newport ( gwent ) they spoke to the council who said not a hope in hell
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
& near the dartford bridge is better placed than say around birmingham ?
Lol.! I live minutes from the Dartford Crossing. There is too much traffic here now! I've seen where they plan to put it and there aren't any substantial roads to get to it. This would take a ton more planning and a huge infrastructure to build. I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
It would take us 5 hours to get there so no good for us
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

I also live close to the proposed site and have followed this closely.

The general tone of this thread is (IMO) correct. This place will never be built. It will be housing.

On reason The location was chosen because it’s close by Ebbsfleet international rail and has a super fast train from London kings cross ST Panc. (It’s actually very good to be fair) and the Eurostar stops there as well sonEuro travellers can get here easily.

If it was to happen, then work would have already started. One of the main backers who also owns Ebbsfleet football club- Dr Andullah of Kuwait - is a lot less keen these days and has lost some interest.

Long and short of it is that this is unlikely to ever happen and expect to see 5000 new homes and no improvement in infrastructure clogging the south east up even more.

A shame, but that’s what experiences tell me.

Oh, but I will say I hope I am totally wrong and this post ages badly.

Edited at 11:28 AM.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Probably for the same reason new towns are being built in the south - infrastructure and where people want to be.
Give me a nice 4 bed detached house in the North rather than a 2 bed flat in the South any day of the week

Though I do understand why it would be built in the South - the weather and the anti-north parliament decision makers mean that the infrastructure wouldn’t be here in the North
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 11:33 AM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post

When I come over to your country, I'm most interested in seeing your beautiful scenery and historical places. I think I'd take a hard pass on this theme park, at least as described in these photos. I'm so sorry if I sound skeptical!
Old 14 Jun 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Give me a nice 4 bed detached house in the North rather than a 2 bed flat in the South any day of the week

Though I do understand why it would be built in the South - the weather and the anti-north parliament decision makers mean that the infrastructure wouldn’t be here in the North
You can have the infrastructure provided you also take all the development planned for down here including the additional housing we're having to build to cater for new arrivals. Now, I can't say fairer than that, can I?

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List