Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jul 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mine are still going with BA
LGW - MCO 17 Aug
TPA - LGW 1 Sept.
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Jpdeejay
Looking for my Ears

Our flights are lgw - tpa on 7th August and back tpa- ord - lhr on 31st August, and haven’t been cancelled yet either. Just want them to get on and cancel them so I can get everything sorted.

Edit: just has an email cancelling the outbound leg of our flight, but still showing our inbound flights? Don’t know what happens with that, I presume they will cancel those too soon. Or would I have to ring BA, as obviously won’t be in Tampa for my return flight!

Edited at 05:26 PM.
Jpdeejay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
beeftinkler
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jones721 View Post
If you go onto Google flights and enter non-stop and BA only, you can see a date view of when BA is flying planes to Orlando and Tampa. At the moment, Tampa flights are running on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays.

Our outbound and return flights are both Sunday :-(

I really don't know why they haven't just cancelled all the August flights - instead of leaving 3 days a week still operating - and am not convinced that ours will be cancelled. Booked premium economy which is why I am hesitant to take a voucher at this stage as I know I won't get chance to redeem it all :-(

Tracey
Clearly they've cancelled flights due to reduced numbers, not the restriction / virus
beeftinkler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Buttercup1982
slightly serious Dibber

Mine are still going,
LGW-MCO direct morning of the 5th August
MCO-LGW direct morning of the 19th of August
Buttercup1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Copey10
Getting Excited

We are going the 19th August for 3 weeks, booked through BA with Aer Lingus flights. I have checked my booking and it still states balance due today, I've heard they have extended them to 3 weeks before but do I have to ring them to confirm this.
Copey10 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

late August - we rescheduled after the Glasgow flights were cancelled,now LHR to MIA. still showing as going!
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jones721
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
late August - we rescheduled after the Glasgow flights were cancelled,now LHR to MIA. still showing as going!
Miami is one of the airports that are allowed to receive international flights so that route might be different...
jones721 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jones721
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by beeftinkler View Post
Clearly they've cancelled flights due to reduced numbers, not the restriction / virus
I would tend to think that Saturday flight would be busier than weekdays so not sure that would be the case. Also, there wouldn't be a regular pattern to it if they cancelled based on passenger numbers...
jones721 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Yes we should travel 18-08 man-dub-mco with aer Lingus, returning two weeks later on the same route. If the travel advisory remains will the flight definitely be cancelled? Or does it depends on other things too?
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
It looks like BA are now cancelling the Sunday Tuesday Friday direct flights from Gatwick to Tampa during August. I can't find availabilty when I try to book. But my booking is still showing in my account. If you're booked for this period, it might be worth checking.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List