Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Jan 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Which Disney hotel would you stay in?

Hi folks, haven't been for a while and previously stayed at Sequoia Lodge and New York.

Was pretty happy with both, only slight negative with Sequoia was breakfast could be a bit of a bun worry. New York, from what I remember, was a bit more relaxed.

New York may be just a wee bit out of our budget though. Regards Sequoia I've read some reports that it may be showing its age a bit too much. The other option which may be within our budget is Newport Bay, but I've never stayed there.

Have any of these hotels been refurbished in recent times and what are your recommendations please?
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Newport Bay was refurbished in 2016/2017. We stayed there in 2016 when they were still doing the work. The hotel is lovely and the rooms are much nicer than sequoia lode. We have also stayed there too but prefer Newport Bay. The breakfast options are much better too. We've just Booked Newport Bay for Dec.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
cairn114
Excited about Disney

If it’s within budget I would do Sequoia lodge Golden Forest, this gets over the breakfast problem as you have the quieter club lounge. Newport Bay was recently refurbished but I am yet to stay there so can’t really comment but we have done three trips at Golden Forest which we loved. This summer we are staying at the Newport Bay Compass Club as my birthday treat, with long park hours we like having the club room available during the day if we have a break.
cairn114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed at Newport bay in 2016 then Sequoia lodge this last December and much prefer Newport bay.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Liking the fact that Newport Bay so recently renovated. Think it's been a long time since Sequoia was. Leaning towards former, it'll be a nice change anyway.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Stayed at both SL and NB. We were at NB in 2011 before any thoughts of a refurb and thought it was really nice. It felt much "brighter" than SL. I reckon unless you upgrade in either of these, breakfast buffets are always a bun fight. Enjoyed the pool and NB, not experienced this at SL. I think NB is a good choice, upgrade if you can too.
We're staying at SL in a few weeks as it was cheaper the NB when I booked, otherwise I think I would have chosen NB. The DW prefers SL though so I had to go with that along with the cost!
Think I might go and have a wander round the New York, not sure why but I don't fancy staying there so I reckon a walk will help confirm or change my thoughts!
Old 12 Jan 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Stayed at both SL and NB. We were at NB in 2011 before any thoughts of a refurb and thought it was really nice. It felt much "brighter" than SL. I reckon unless you upgrade in either of these, breakfast buffets are always a bun fight. Enjoyed the pool and NB, not experienced this at SL. I think NB is a good choice, upgrade if you can too.
We're staying at SL in a few weeks as it was cheaper the NB when I booked, otherwise I think I would have chosen NB. The DW prefers SL though so I had to go with that along with the cost!
Think I might go and have a wander round the New York, not sure why but I don't fancy staying there so I reckon a walk will help confirm or change my thoughts!
The New York is about to be refurbed totally, I have to say, I loved it when we stayed there a few years ago in December, the art deco theme was right up my street .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Hotel New York has been closed for the last year or so and has been completed changed. It is now called Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel and is themed as a New York Art Gallery, showcasing Marvel artwork. The restaurants, shops, and other hotel amenities are all now Marvel themed.

disneylandparis/en-i...otel-new-york/

It is scheduled to reopen in June 2020
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I would say (having stayed at all the hotels), it depends what you want from your hotel.
Newport definitely has a more "grown up" feel, and the breakfast buffet is excellent. The outdoor pool is lovely if you are going in the summer. The drawback is that it is HUGE and rooms can be quite some walk from the lifts and main reception area. The lounge/bar is also smaller than you might want and not very welcoming.
Sequoia on the other hand is a bit more family-friendly, with a huge lounge around the open fire with comfy sofas and cheery staff. Hunter's Grill is one of the best priced buffet dinners on site, but breakfast can be busy hard work. The indoor pool has recently been refurbished and cleaned up.
New York opens on 15th June and if you are a Marvel fan would be an option. The internal layout hasn't changed much, but the atmosphere will be modern and the entire facelift will mean not much of the Art Deco facade is left.

It depends entirely what you want from a hotel. All 3 are Plus level for free half board if you travel after 2nd April.

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List