Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jun 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Feeling worried about 2021

Hi,

I am a total worry pot and a bit of an obsessive planner when it comes to my holiday. So please bear with me while I ramble on.
A few days ago decided to bin the WDW trip and decided on a LA / Disneyland trip instead.
I managed to book both my hotels on a fully flexible / free cancellation / pay at the hotel rate which is lovely and reassuring in case of any hiccups.
Managed to also find BA flights up to April 21 are also on a flexible rate too so I can cancel and get voucher or amend FOC and pay difference in fare.
I'm not going to book the flights until I know what's happening with Disneyland though , and am aware that tickets are on stop sale right now.
It is really bothering me that if these tickets don't go back on sale the whole trip is more or less cancelled and will have to re think a whole new plan. Feel really rubbish about it! But then on the other hand I keep telling myself , they can't surely be set for 2021 with their existing reservations and they must have to put them back on sale even for a short time? By Feb next year surely things will have smoothed out a bit and they won't have to be so restrictive ?
I do apologise for the long ramble but just wanted to see if anyone is in a similar position to me , chief planner not being able to plan is literal torture!
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Very similar situation here - was due to go WDW this year but changed our flights to LAX for Feb 2021. I like everything planned as far in advance as possible and I’m so anxious that we have no Disney tickets and they are no longer being sold

But everything I read is that Disneyland doesn’t take as much planning as WDW so surely it is unlikely that they won’t go back on sale for next year considering few people are likely to have planned that far in advance. Or that is what I keep telling myself.

I’m waiting not so patiently to hear when there reservation will go live as it was around the time WDW announced there’s that they put there 2021 tickets up for sale.

On the other hand I don’t want to book tickets too early because it really depends on the restrictions as to how many days we will want to do or whether the park hopper option is avaliable!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Very similar situation here - was due to go WDW this year but changed our flights to LAX for Feb 2021. I like everything planned as far in advance as possible and I’m so anxious that we have no Disney tickets and they are no longer being sold

But everything I read is that Disneyland doesn’t take as much planning as WDW so surely it is unlikely that they won’t go back on sale for next year considering few people are likely to have planned that far in advance. Or that is what I keep telling myself.

I’m waiting not so patiently to hear when there reservation will go live as it was around the time WDW announced there’s that they put there 2021 tickets up for sale.

On the other hand I don’t want to book tickets too early because it really depends on the restrictions as to how many days we will want to do or whether the park hopper option is avaliable!
It is horrible all this waiting and wondering ! As parts of it are already confirmed it feels so close yet so far ! You must feel the same as your flights are booked.
My thoughts exactly RE the tickets going on sale shortly before the launch of the system... Surely everyone isn't planning as hard as the WDW folk. I even went as far to email Disneyland through the website , not that they will be able to help. I guess I just want a bit of reassurance that this trip isnt out of reach for us. It is the only thing keeping me going at the mo , holidays keep me sane !
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Omg I put up questions similar on other thread

Want to book in next 4 weeks... 4 nights in disney... but what if I can't buy tickets till January due to my funds and what if I cant secure admission

Would staying onsite be a better chance?

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes that's exactly it - so close yet so far! I wouldn't have thought people will be planning like they do WDW!

Ah good idea to email them hopefully they come back with a reply soon! Just wish they would release more information - every time they announce something it seems to leave more questions and I am not very good at being patient 😂🙈

That is the worry booking tickets and then not securing admission - surely they have to have a way of checking you have the availability you want before committing to a set number of days- maybe that is why tickets have been put on hold while that is put in place. Or maybe me just being over hopeful!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Maybe they've paused to review the types of tickets they are selling too , they can't promise park hopper/ maxpass when they don't know if that's even possible or when that will be available again. Plus DLP have tickets for sale and they are doing the reservation system coming early July , DLC is similar in size so wonder why they haven't gone down that route. At the end of the day, this is obviously to control capacity, but I just want to remain hopeful my dream holiday is still a possibility.
I don't know I just want to know what to do and make a final decision.
Old 22 Jun 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We are booked to go in December this year. We had just the 1 day planned in Disneyland before moving elsewhere, but it’s my 50 th birthday so I’m a bit peed off at the minute with it all. I haven’t got tickets as the 1 day tickets aren’t available to buy yet, and I wasn’t prepared to rush in and buy more expensive ones when we might not be able to travel.
So basically we are just waiting to see what happens. As has been mentioned, it’s a very different park to wdw and they do it differently so we are holding out for the hope of 1 day tickets coming back on and that we should be able to reserve a time slot if that’s what’s happening in December still.
And if not, I will try not to get too upset or annoyed by it all and find something else to do instead. I have a couple of ideas already.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Yes that's exactly it - so close yet so far! I wouldn't have thought people will be planning like they do WDW!

Ah good idea to email them hopefully they come back with a reply soon! Just wish they would release more information - every time they announce something it seems to leave more questions and I am not very good at being patient 😂🙈

That is the worry booking tickets and then not securing admission - surely they have to have a way of checking you have the availability you want before committing to a set number of days- maybe that is why tickets have been put on hold while that is put in place. Or maybe me just being over hopeful!
I’m sure I read that we should be able to check availability before purchasing tickets. I would certainly hope that was the case.
Sandraoh40 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KayLouise
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I’m sure I read that we should be able to check availability before purchasing tickets. I would certainly hope that was the case.
I was just thinking the same thing! I'm positive I read that somewhere but now can't remember where 🙈😂

We aren't planning on going until August next year, but this is all stressing me out already.
Old 23 Jun 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
dozy
Imagineer

dozy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I wonder are they changing the way we buy tickets ? that we have to pick parks etc as we purchase them

anaheim has not released availability for onsite past December 2020. Is this the usual scenario?
we are going so the boys can do star wars - that is our primary goal - so if we need a day on site to get boarding cards we will do it

dozy does de west... vegas baby
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=886432
dozy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List