Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jul 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile One year in advance booking registrar

Or a bit less than, we've booked our venue for the 13th of June knowing we wanted a church wedding and that the church was available. They can only give us a 2pm wedding which means we wouldn't get to the venue until 4pm and I planned a band with canapes.

I'm now thinking of having the wedding at the venue and hiring a registrar

But can't get in contact with them yet due to the virus. I've emailed anyway. But just wondering what our chances are on managing to get a 1pm registrar a year in advance
It's on a Sunday.

🤞🤞🤞
Old 1 Jul 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I got a Saturday at 2pm only 15 weeks in advance (in March) reckon you should be fine on a Sunday
Old 1 Jul 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

1pm at a venue is quite early. I wanted 3pm but could only get 2. It’s a long time to kill. I think getting there at 4 perfect myself, arrival to band and canapés then evening food.
If you are getting married at 1, you’ll be out for 1.30. Just think exactly how you are going to fill the time.
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

A 2pm wedding (or later) means that it's less of a rush to get everyone ready and not having to get up at silly-o-clock. I really enjoyed having breakfast with my parents, and then spending time with the bridal party whilst we had our hair and make-up done, without military style time keeping.

Have you seen Disney Fairytale weddings on Disney+ ? Some of the weddings are at 5am so goodness knows what time they start getting ready, I'd be dead on my feet mid-afternoon!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel85
Getting Excited

Mobile

Just remember that if you have the ceremony at the venue then there will be no travelling time and registrar weddings are much shorter than church ones so you will probably be done in 30 mins. A later ceremony may be better as you will have a lot of time to fill otherwise.
My mum’s a registrar and availability really varies. They have to take in to account travelling time between venues so sometimes they are restricted by the times that they can do. So if they already have a wedding booked on that day at 2pm at a venue that is 30 mins away from yours, they would only be able to do 12.30 or 3.30. They may however have multiple teams so can do several weddings at the same time. It all just depends on the office and how they work.
Ariel85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
A 2pm wedding (or later) means that it's less of a rush to get everyone ready and not having to get up at silly-o-clock. I really enjoyed having breakfast with my parents, and then spending time with the bridal party whilst we had our hair and make-up done, without military style time keeping.

Have you seen Disney Fairytale weddings on Disney+ ? Some of the weddings are at 5am so goodness knows what time they start getting ready, I'd be dead on my feet mid-afternoon!
Didn’t even think about this but, it was lovely and relaxed. Breakfast then on the cava 🍾
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everyone! That's true, if we did it at the venue going for 2pm would be better as no travelling time and like you say it's a quicker service x
Old 1 Jul 20, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Mobile

There's no bridal party as such as I'm not having bridesmaids but just want to get the most out of my venue hire x
Old 1 Jul 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
There's no bridal party as such as I'm not having bridesmaids but just want to get the most out of my venue hire x
I get that, and your day as a bride goes really quickly, you are wandering round trying to talk to everyone and before you know it it’s bedtime.
But as a guest, the day can be slow and a bit dull. My sister could only get 12pm at her venue and I know we’ll all be bored to tears!
Are you having a sit down meal at all?
Old 1 Jul 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Hi, we had 1.30 I think, and we booked a Saturday around 6 months in advance but it was January. It will depend on the area and how many registrars they have (we were in Kendal registrar area).
As our venue was a hotel that we had exclusively and our guests all arrived on Friday evening and left on Sunday morning, it meant that people weren’t hanging about becuase after the service, drinks, canapes and photos, they could opt to go back to their rooms, or walk the grounds or stay in the communal areas before the main meal which I think was about 5pm. The time flew, I didn’t get back to my room! 😀

Edited at 03:13 PM.
sam_b is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List