Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jul 20, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Tinnitus

My DH has had tinnitus for years

He has has investigations and nothing is wrong physically

He is now unable to even have a lie in as it wakes him up every morning around 6am

He describes it as screaming in his ears

He has learnt to cope with it in some ways eg subtitles on the TV, me usually watching TV while he falls asleep so he can concentrate on the noise from the TV etc

Anyone with any other ideas ?
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have air con or a fan in the room, again that noise makes you concentrate on it rather than the one in your ear. My friend has a white noise box.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I now suffer, it came on slowly a few months ago and it is now constant, it really gets me down. I shall watch this thread to see if anyone can come up with some good ideas.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
I have an app on my ipod with various sounds on it, I have it under my pillow.If I wake up in the middle of the night I use it. I can never lie in as soon as I wake up its there and I get up.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Oh I feel his pain I had it for years I all so get my ears mircosuchon every 4 months they all ways bad just over the pat 7 months it non stop. I have earphones in my ears after I said good night to partner I put them in and listen to music if he watching something by himself then plug a ear phone in to the tv and have headphone Bon as this dircet the sound in to his ears .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

OH has special hearing aids for his tinnitus from Chime, think via GP...
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I have recently developed this is one ear and its awful. I feel for your DH.

I have ordered some ear buds from Flare Audio, called Calmer, apparently they have been successful for people with tinnitus but I will make my own judgement, for £20 and a thirty day money back guarantee I thought they are worth a try, I will let you know if they help at all.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

My husband was sleeping really badly due to his tinnitus. Our GP prescribed him some very mild antidepressants that also aid sleep. He only takes a quarter of the prescribed dose but it has made an amazing difference to his sleep patterns.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Had it all my life, never found a reason why, to me it sounds like jet engines spooling up, but only as a background noise, its worse after being in a noisy environment but screams when in an isolated quiet environmental.
I found Iqbuds nuheara inear ear buds help greatly they were recommended by my ent dr i found them on ebay i payed £55.0 for them new display stock. They give a white noise sound and the noise cancelling was a great help on a plane, as i found when climbing to flight height in a plane as the ear balances the pressure the tinnitus got almost painfull.
Hope this helps , ive learnt to live with it and only notice it now days when i think about it.

Regards

Colin
Old 6 Jul 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Hope this helps , ive learnt to live with it and only notice it now days when i think about it.
This is the same for me. If I 'think' about it then it's there drilling into my head, yet if I sort of ignore it then it doesn't bother me.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List