Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 8 Aug 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
billbarbara229
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
Thanks for your advice
have restored emails on iPad but phone is taking a bit longer
We had the same sky had a hours wait this morning We were told to reboot and
change our password which didnt work first time but an hour later it worked
billbarbara229 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Flojo224 View Post
I’ve totally lost my sky email now!

Had same issue as everyone else re password but nothing I do can reset it - didn’t have a backup email and it won’t recognise the answer to security question.

Spent 40 mins on phone to sky to be told the only advice they can give me is to give up and set a new email account up

Not impressed at all!
My guy was so helpful and reset my security question for me
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Flojo224 View Post
I’ve totally lost my sky email now!

Had same issue as everyone else re password but nothing I do can reset it - didn’t have a backup email and it won’t recognise the answer to security question.

Spent 40 mins on phone to sky to be told the only advice they can give me is to give up and set a new email account up

Not impressed at all!
Neither am I and I work for Sky ! It will be restorable.
You probably have an old email account without a different email set up for recovery. Make sure you have details of another email you have access to available and tell Sky you understand that the "contact password in IDM " needs changing from a Sky email and verifying before you change the password to restore access.

I've had a few calls where a previous agent missed the email step and couldn't restore .

(Posted for info and to help folks... don't moan at me, I didn't cause it and I've spent 10 hours on the phones today helping people get sorted ... my brain is mush)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I noticed this as I read on dibb yesterday.
I had a sky email which I was locked out from and hadn’t realised. I reset the password and all good again.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Flojo224
VIP Dibber

Flojo224's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
You probably have an old email account without a different email set up for recovery. Make sure you have details of another email you have access to available and tell Sky you understand that the "contact password in IDM " needs changing from a Sky email and verifying before you change the password to restore access.

I've had a few calls where a previous agent missed the email step and couldn't restore .

(Posted for info and to help folks... don't moan at me, I didn't cause it and I've spent 10 hours on the phones today helping people get sorted ... my brain is mush)
Thank you Duchy I will give it a try

2000, 2002, 2003/4, 2011 - Villa
2005 - Disneyland Paris
2007 - Disneyland, California
2014 - Cumbrian Lakes Villa
2017 - Orlando Dream Villa, Lindfields
2018 - No Disney Parks trip
2020 - Let’s do all the parks again - the trip that never was 😔
2022 - Miami & The Parks
2024 - Bahama’s Mini Cruise, Universal & lots of Halloween
Flojo224 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post

The joys of working in IT support