Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Jun 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A shame that the weather had other ideas about your water park day. It sounds like you still managed to get loads done though as it was so quiet. The food at IHOP looks lovely.
Have to admit the weather forecast puts off nearly every American family so you can get lots done on a day like today.
IHOP is a great stop for food at any time of the day

Appreciate all the days you have read and posted on, so far

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Sounds like you still made the most of your day, even with the rookie error

Those burgers in ihop look rather tasty I have only ever considered ihop as a breakfast place

Another chilled evening sounds bliss
Old 30 Jun 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
CU2016
Getting Excited

Been reading my way through all your days but just realised from the little map that the villa we have just booked for 2021 is about 3 miles from where you were so will definetly be looking back through at some of the short cuts you mention etc
CU2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Sounds like you still made the most of your day, even with the rookie error

Those burgers in ihop look rather tasty I have only ever considered ihop as a breakfast place

Another chilled evening sounds bliss

You spotted how peeved I was about the weather error( the shame! )

IHoP was a place we had always considered for breakfast, then noticed how busy it was at other times of the day.

We do love a pool evening

Originally Posted by CU2016 View Post
Been reading my way through all your days but just realised from the little map that the villa we have just booked for 2021 is about 3 miles from where you were so will definetly be looking back through at some of the short cuts you mention etc

I love post like yours
It makes all my typing seem as a help towards other Dibbers planning a trip of their own
Thank you

If you need any other info about the area then feel free to PM me as there are a number of routes in and out of Disney that can save time from this part of the Magic

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Shame about the weather but seems like you got a few rides done in the 2 hrs with it being so quiet. Glad the rest of your day went ok though sounds nice and chilled.
Sorry I missed your original post and now trying to catch up in order to finish the whole report!
We managed to get loads done and since it was so quiet that meant for short queues

Really enjoy having a chilled out rest of the day

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You did better than us - we have yet to make it to a water park. In Dec 2010 they were both closed the whole time (minus 2C temps) and in Nov 2014 they closed on the only two days we planned to visit - both times it was about 17C with quite a chilly wind.

Proof that my middle name really should be Elsa.

Sorry Gill missed your original post and trying to catch up in order to finish the whole report!

We did Christmas 2009 and met a great family from Ormskirk who braved it. No queues and best water park day ever

Americans don't waste their time in a cold or rainy waterpark- which is something worth remembering after an afternoon storm

Old 5 Jul 19, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the weather check tip! 🙈 at least it was quiet and you managed a few good rides 😊 those burgers look fab by the way - not so fab having to pick up work on holiday, but hey - you were still in the sunshine state I guess 😉👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Shame you didn’t get a full day at Blizzard Beach but at least you had some fun... and a locker refund, result! Loving the Frog rescue
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Thanks for the weather check tip! 🙈 at least it was quiet and you managed a few good rides 😊 those burgers look fab by the way - not so fab having to pick up work on holiday, but hey - you were still in the sunshine state I guess 😉👍
Can't recommend IHoP highly enough - at any time in the day too
Appreciate your posting and as for work on holiday
As for being in the Sunshine state - my only thought is I would love to be there all the time!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Shame you didn’t get a full day at Blizzard Beach but at least you had some fun... and a locker refund, result! Loving the Frog rescue
I still kick myself every single time I read this dayWhy we never checked the weather is still beyond me!

Glad you noticed my animal rescue