Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Sep 19, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you all for your comments, we will definitely be taking most of them on board (I live in such a mans world, I cant believe I couldn't see them! im also a bit annoyed at the estate agents for perhaps not being proactive enough, as its us that has noticed the trend of men vs women). Unfortunately we cant do anything about the room leading to the terrace, however my husband has mentioned that he has thought that a set of stairs behind the garage to the terrace would work (there is the space to do this) and has mentioned it to the estate agent so hopefully it is something that they have conveyed. The door does lock with a key, so this can be removed also.

Me DH: DS:11 DS:7:
2003: DLRP - Santa Fe
2007, 2008, 2010, 2016: POR
2009: NYC in Feb for DH 30th B'day,
lensgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

I firstly would let the agent do the showings,
A rug for lounge, cushions, and beds made up,
I’d take the aerial picture down looks like no garden from that but there is.
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Some colourful mugs and flowers would soften the kitchen. Perhaps a couple of cookery books.

Bathroom - a couple of ‘posh’ toiletries such as Molton Brown handwash and lotion and towels to match the decor but with a splash of colour in them.

Perhaps a large plant standing on the floor in the living room (B&Q have them).

Soften the roof terrace with a couple of large containers planted up with colourful flowers.

As in earlier posts, you need to present it as a home, a lifestyle and soften it up a bit.

Fabulous house. We’ve got new-build one bedroom retirement apartments here for the same price. Rubbish views - Tesco carpark or a busy roundabout 😱

Edited at 07:57 AM.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

It’s a lovely house. I would buy it. I can see what they mean though, it just needs a bit of colour/ acccesorising, strategically placed throughout so you get the homely feel. Also, maybe some cushions and a nice rug in the lounge, a few vase of flowers. Spruce up with accessories in bathroom. The odd plant here and there.

Edited at 08:14 AM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I went round to a few showhomes to see what the latest trends were and where I could copy them in my house. I also read some tips online and used them. Things like having a whole ironed clean set of bedlinen ready on a spare cheap duvet and when we had a viewing I whipped off the old set shoved it in the car and put the ironed set on. Same with towels (I didn't iron them ) some expensive looking toiletries - TK Maxx good for them and cushions/throws on beds/sofa. It worked as we sold it the first weekend we were on the market - sadly they couldn't get a mortgage though We have still sold but the new buyers are being total pains about everything, I'm still hopeful though 4 months down the line

The link to our house a few miles inland from you (and definitely doesn't have your views - lovely )is on my thread https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1135771&page=5

Good luck and hope it all comes together, it is so sooo stressful xxx
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Some great advice on here and just wanted to add, when I worked in an estate agents years ago the end of August was thee quietest due to holidays. The first few weeks of September are better as people home from holiday and want to move by Christmas.
Get the agent back early this week so photos are redone asap. Remember you are employing them.

Think about your conversation when viewing, have you enjoyed it - 'we love sitting on the patio watching sun go down", our children made lots of friends here and the local school is fab,

Why are you moving - never make it about the house - it's not too big/too small. Make it about nearer to work or family.

Good luck
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
We don't do the viewings the agent does, apologies if I made it sound like we do! We are actually moving to be nearer our family, we always said we would die in this house but our priorities have changed which is sad but I would rather be near my niece and have my eldest home more

lensgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

It's a beautiful house but I'll be honest it doesn't feel like a home.

This may be where you're missing out. It's getting a balance between getting rid of personal touches but making it feel homely without clutter.

I'd put a few neutral pictures on walls (borrow or car boot sale) and candles around the place. Light them prior to viewings.

Also borrow some pots for the Terrance. Could be lovely but at present looks like your sat on a driveway.

Good luck

Edited at 08:40 AM.
Button17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
So working with what we have (we have both moved jobs to our new location on lower wages, so have to be careful with money) im going to do the following (will post pics for suitable critique!)

New cushions on the sofas, our photos back on our side tables
A runner on the table and a small bouquet of flowers
A bottle of sparkling near the kitchen window (already has our orchid on the cill) and some sparkly glasses near it
A bowl of fruit on the end of the breakfast bar
The third bedroom made into a single bed (I only have red bedding, would that be a problem?)
The bedding changed in the second bedroom
In our room, I will put our nice new bedding on and put up the net curtains
In the bathroom I will put up my wooden bath caddy with some candles on that I have, and our new coloured towels
I have some flowers in planters out the front so I will put those on the decking out the back. Im not sure if we have our little table and chairs still but if I do, I will put them in the corner of the garden

How does that sound?

Old 1 Sep 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lensgirl View Post
So working with what we have (we have both moved jobs to our new location on lower wages, so have to be careful with money) im going to do the following (will post pics for suitable critique!)

New cushions on the sofas, our photos back on our side tables
A runner on the table and a small bouquet of flowers
A bottle of sparkling near the kitchen window (already has our orchid on the cill) and some sparkly glasses near it
A bowl of fruit on the end of the breakfast bar
The third bedroom made into a single bed (I only have red bedding, would that be a problem?)
The bedding changed in the second bedroom
In our room, I will put our nice new bedding on and put up the net curtains
In the bathroom I will put up my wooden bath caddy with some candles on that I have, and our new coloured towels
I have some flowers in planters out the front so I will put those on the decking out the back. Im not sure if we have our little table and chairs still but if I do, I will put them in the corner of the garden

How does that sound?
That sounds really good, hopefully it will make the difference! Good luck x