Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoey
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Getting to a Walmart

Good morning everyone!
Heading off to Florida soon and just checking everything and making sure we know what we will be doing.

We plan on going to Walmart on our first full day. We will be heading there from Magic Kingdom and was just wondering if there is usually taxis around the T&T centre? And around Walmart too so we can head home.
Also know how much it will roughly cost?
Neither of us will be getting a 3 sim so can’t ring for one. But if it seems easier then we might have to consider it.
Chloeoey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Use Uber or Lyft rather than a normal taxi

Can get a cost estimate here:

uber/gb/en/price-estimate/
lyft/rider/fare-estimate

Would definitely get a sim of some sort to use between you

Edited at 08:47 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

This topic is also of interest to me as I plan on doing the same when I am there in November.

Ive been told you can pick up wifi in Walmart to be able to order an uber back to Disney (if you are staying onsite, I am)
Old 18 Sep 19, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

I had both Lyft and Uber apps, however, when I landed at MCO and tried to order it kept asking me for another credit card to add that is from same address!
I was not happy with this and only last minute took a starling card (I don't have or want a credit card)
If I hadn't got that card I wouldn't of been able to use either of these apps. Not happy as was never told about that GRRRRR
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by geniefan View Post
This topic is also of interest to me as I plan on doing the same when I am there in November.

Ive been told you can pick up wifi in Walmart to be able to order an uber back to Disney (if you are staying onsite, I am)
Yes you can get WiFi in Walmart.
I ordered an Uber as soon as we came through the checkout as last year as soon as l got to the entrance of the store I lost WiFi and had to go back in.
Old 18 Sep 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
I had both Lyft and Uber apps, however, when I landed at MCO and tried to order it kept asking me for another credit card to add that is from same address!
I was not happy with this and only last minute took a starling card (I don't have or want a credit card)
If I hadn't got that card I wouldn't of been able to use either of these apps. Not happy as was never told about that GRRRRR
I think you were doing something wrong as I've never had that upon arrival. I use the same card for Uber both here and there.
Are you sure your bank hadn't blocked your debit card for "unusual activity"

Walmart have free Wi-Fi but it tends to stop at the foyer and dies when you step outside so order and get confirmation just before you step outside. Uber and Lyft are both much cheaper than taxis
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
I think you were doing something wrong as I've never had that upon arrival. I use the same card for Uber both here and there.
Are you sure your bank hadn't blocked your debit card for "unusual activity"

Walmart have free Wi-Fi but it tends to stop at the foyer and dies when you step outside so order and get confirmation just before you step outside. Uber and Lyft are both much cheaper than taxis
No my bank had not blocked my card and was fully aware I was there AND my Starling was not debited with any fares!
And I have used uber and lyft several times there and never been asked to link another card
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Amaya
Earning More Ears

Regular taxi between Disney springs and the Walmart on turkey lake road cost us between 15-20 usd each way a few years ago. Uber and lyft are a bit cheaper and I plan to use them on the next trip. There is a way to get there via public transit. I remember this being a bit of a faff which is why we opted for taxis as we valued the time more than the cost savings.
Amaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List