Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Sep 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Well i have been looking to just price up a trip next year (like you do purely for research &#128516 and there's hardly any avaliblity for the dates I was looking at firstly around February and then April time lastly October so they must be still getting bookings, I do think a lot of people are waiting for the construction around the park's to be finished plus all the new rides to be open then I'm sure it will be packed again😢
Make the most of it now while its quite, hoping November everyone is staying away! 😆
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
wdwlife
Proud to wear my Ears

Dearest part of our DIY holiday is the park tickets.

£500 PP for flights
£350 PP for accommodation
£650 PP for park tickets...
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by first-timer View Post
They’ve took the bunk beds out of akl which is where we were going to stay next August so the kids had there own beds, only reasonably priced resort that had them, now struggling to find something suitable that I can afford
We actually booked the Yacht club for next August, it was cheaper than AKL. A standard room has 2 queen beds & a sofa bed, we have a 14 & 12 year old so mad emore sense. AKL was another £600 as they only had Savannah rooms left!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Everything with Disney is a money grab and there will always be willing parties to pay, be it onsite or offsite...eventually the camels back will break, but they'll keep pushing until they find that line.

Ticket prices are crazy, special events pricing is a tad extreme and those are becoming more frequent (universal are slowly catching them up on cost)
Parking costs are excessive, more so from next year when UK on-site visitors will begin getting charged
Food & drink costs are insane in park, probably mostly driven to squeeze those with credits but on the flip side punish those who don't

It's an expensive holiday unless you're cash rich
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MOONCHESTER
Very Serious Dibber

MOONCHESTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
When we were there in June / July the parks were quiet but the queues were horrendous .
We had to wait to get on the people mover and they were literally stopping people getting on but as you looked around the ride was running with no one on it.
We said at the time it this was being done so that people started booking Disney hotels to get 60 day fastpass access rather than have to wait 30 days and then the fastpasses are gone.
Rob
We noticed that in August, never considered it s deliberate act to increase wait times though, perhaps it was!...
MOONCHESTER is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I forgot about the parking charges coming in as I'm DVC and don't pay it.
If you want to park from next year, say in a deluxe and go for 2 weeks its another $350 plus tax.
That's a lot of extra loola to shell out to park for 2 weeks on a bit of space in reclaimed swap land. If you think about it, it's the cost of renting an apartment!
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
When we were there in June / July the parks were quiet but the queues were horrendous .
We had to wait to get on the people mover and they were literally stopping people getting on but as you looked around the ride was running with no one on it.
We said at the time it this was being done so that people started booking Disney hotels to get 60 day fastpass access rather than have to wait 30 days and then the fastpasses are gone.
I realise the ride you picked was just an example but it would really make no sense for the CMs to delay people getting on the People Mover to increase the standby wait time in order to encourage guests to stay onsite for the fastpass access. Because the People Mover doesn't have a fastpass queue and you can't fastpass it.

In addition, the vast majority of the rides at MK are available to fastpass on the day. The only MK ride offsite guests will struggle to get is SDMT. So, there's really little to no benefit to staying onsite in this case.

Are you sure they weren't testing it? Theme parks frequently run rides empty in order to ensure everything is working properly. It's done to ensure the ride is safe, not to generate more business.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Disney's never been a cheap holiday but it's become more affordable over the years due to flight availability, exchange rates etc. Unfortunately it is (Just my opinion) becoming more expensive, food, onsite hotels, such I've now made the decision I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. If I hadn't been to Disney before, particularly staying at the deluxes in club level, and therefore seen the reducing service but increasing costs perhaps I'd feel differently.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Unfortunately it is (Just my opinion) becoming more expensive, food, onsite hotels,
It's a fact that the price of food, hotels and tickets at Disney are all increasing. It's not just your opinion. Prices are increasing all the time.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Yes I forgot about the parking charges coming in as I'm DVC and don't pay it.
If you want to park from next year, say in a deluxe and go for 2 weeks its another $350 plus tax.
That's a lot of extra loola to shell out to park for 2 weeks on a bit of space in reclaimed swap land. If you think about it, it's the cost of renting an apartment!
Just sleep in the car

We're staying offsite but my wife is pushing to go to Disney over other parks that we've never been to, i'm fighting it firstly because we done it last September but secondly because for 5 of us it's the guts of 2.5k including parking

It's insane! The amount of money all of these places make from people going there it's not value for money at all - 12 park tickets at over £800pp for people that buy those, how can you say you get value for money from something like that?

Edited at 12:22 PM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List