Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Aug 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile EMH and one night at a Disney hotel

I'm going to book one night at the All Star Music to allow me to book fast passes for Hollywood studios next April. We are only planning on buying a one day Disney park pass this time.
Could we only use EMH the morning after our stay at the All Stars. I was planning to stay there our first night but not to visit the Studios until are 2nd or 3rd full day.
We won't know until much nearer the time of the EMH days, so could I change the date of our Disney hotel stay closer to the time.
Hope that makes some sense.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
On a one night stay you have the option of EMH on check-in & check out day. Your first problem is that your 1 day pass is date specific, as in you need to choose the date when buying it, it is no longer just a generic one day pass. As far as the Hotel , I think it would depend on when you move it but you are already going to be tied by date on pass IYKWIM, as to whether you would need to call to ensure any FP get moved with the booking

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We did a 1 night at Beach Club last year. We checked in early, left luggage, went to the park around 7:30am. We then had all of the next day at the park too. We had a two day ticket. So one night=2 days at Disney.
Old 30 Aug 19, 05:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
I'm going to book one night at the All Star Music to allow me to book fast passes for Hollywood studios next April. We are only planning on buying a one day Disney park pass this time.
Could we only use EMH the morning after our stay at the All Stars. I was planning to stay there our first night but not to visit the Studios until are 2nd or 3rd full day.
We won't know until much nearer the time of the EMH days, so could I change the date of our Disney hotel stay closer to the time.
Hope that makes some sense.
I don't really understand your plan being honest. If you are staying at ASM the first night but not planning to go to HS until two or three days later, this would not help with fast passes. You would only be able to book FP for check in and check out days, not three days later.

Changing the date of your hotel stay would be dependent upon availability and is also likely to cost £50 amendment fee, which is quite a lot on top of one night at a value hotel. I would hold off booking until you know what night you want to stay onsite. Having said that I am not convinced a one night stay is much help for booking the popular fast passes anyway as these are rarely available for the first few days of any trip even when booking at 60 days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't really understand your plan being honest. If you are staying at ASM the first night but not planning to go to HS until two or three days later, this would not help with fast passes. You would only be able to book FP for check in and check out days, not three days later.

Changing the date of your hotel stay would be dependent upon availability and is also likely to cost £50 amendment fee, which is quite a lot on top of one night at a value hotel. I would hold off booking until you know what night you want to stay onsite. Having said that I am not convinced a one night stay is much help for booking the popular fast passes anyway as these are rarely available for the first few days of any trip even when booking at 60 days.
Sorry, I have to disagree. It worked perfectly for us last august. Got everything we wanted fastpass wise at Epcot and managed to repeat on day two.
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tinytots View Post
Sorry, I have to disagree. It worked perfectly for us last august. Got everything we wanted fastpass wise at Epcot and managed to repeat on day two.
I don't think there is ever difficulty in getting Epcot FPs at 60 days.

However OP wants to go to Hollywood Studios and it is widely reported by dibbers that the popular rides of SDD (also 7DMT and FoP) are not available until for the first couple of days. I daresay the new GE rides will be the same. This is also in line with what the dibb fastpass availability checker tends to indicate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Never considered the amendment fee but the way I've understood the OP is that she is going to book 1 night, then move it to coincide with HS EMH but back to my previous post, 1 day passes are date specific (just bought one for our last day as our 21's will have run out ) so no moving of Hotel date once pass is bought.
Another not convinced by the 1 nighter, this year on our first day we got 7DMT 15 mins before park closing, that was the only time slot left, yet 5 days later I can pick my time. SDD, until SW comes on to FP, is the hot one (tbh once you've done it, I wouldn't rush to do it again) looking for my 2 planned visits 17th Sept & 1stOct Standby only, it's the only one in the park.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneypls
Imagineer

Mobile

If u book via Disney USA site I understand there is no amendment fee
Disneypls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List