Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Quote August 2020... Thoughts?

Hi
I’ve had a quote from charter travel, 16 nights 15/31 August, virgin direct flights from Manchester.
No car (using Uber)
2 adults 1 child (13)
9 nights Rosen inn pointe
4 nights Royal Pacific resort
3 nights Sandpearl Clearwater
No tickets
£4500
Wanted to put a deposit really than paying all in one go for flights once virgin release.
Thoughts anyone ☺️👍
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyM
Getting Excited

Mobile

I don’t think you should be paying more than £3500 for this combination. Virgin is usually always more expensive. I would wait for BA flights to drop In price and then package it all up using the Custom trip Option on their website. Start tracking flight prices now as historically they would start to drop in price in the next few weeks for August flights.
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyM View Post
I don’t think you should be paying more than £3500 for this combination. Virgin is usually always more expensive. I would wait for BA flights to drop In price and then package it all up using the Custom trip Option on their website. Start tracking flight prices now as historically they would start to drop in price in the next few weeks for August flights.
Thanks I don’t want BA as they don’t go direct from Manchester. I priced up an indirect like you said and it was around £3700. I don’t want the hassle of indirect really especially as it’s changing airports in between the flights x
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

What is the price of you doing it individually?

Flights, hotels etc. I never book a package.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyBB View Post
What is the price of you doing it individually?

Flights, hotels etc. I never book a package.
The flights with virgin that are released already are coming out around the £3k mark. I would have to pay in full once my dates are out. Hotels on a dummy booking about £1800 and again paying in full x
Old 17 Sep 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have booked hotels via my American holiday with a deposit. But it looks like the package is cheaper.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Anyone else? Thinking of going for it x
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Never paid more than around £600pp for direct flights for school summer holidays so I’d say it’s high but if you’re happy with the price book it (and don’t recheck ).
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

It's more than I'd be willing to pay but if you're happy to pay a bit extra for the ease of booking a package & being able to do it now then go for it.
Direct Virgin flights from Manchester have always been extortionate in the school holidays when I've looked.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

I’ve often looked at splitting the costs down but because were not bothered about doing indirect and we like to travel from Manchester I often find the package option cheaper - as others will say if your happy with it go for it. There will always be others who can get it cheaper by doing 58 stops via Afghanistan using Mrs Miggins airlines but leave them to it
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List