Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Aug 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Mam
Getting Excited

Fab Mam's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
We are here now and yesterday’s forecast was for rain all day. We didn’t see any rain until after 3pm. Before that it was hot and sunny. We’ve lived in T-shirt’s and shorts for the last 3 weeks. There is some word of tropical waves heading up over the next week so I might be a bit wetter than it has been. An umbrella is handy to have. You don’t get as hot as when under a poncho!
Exactly this! We’ve been here 12 days and we’ve only worn a poncho twice. We only had prolonged rain 1 day (Thursday 25th). Most days have been hot, hot, hot until 3pm or often later. A couple of days the rain didn’t come at all. Yesterday we were at Epcot and it was gorgeous until 4pm. In fairness, the rain lasted all evening but we were in The Spice Road Table 7pm - 9:30pm so missed it. The only time I felt chilly was in the air-conditioned shops.

***Edit***

11am and we’ve had yucky drizzle for the last hour that doesn’t look in any hurry to depart. Pool day ruined lol. Tomorrow looks promising fingers crossed and then we’re off home Monday.

Edited at 04:04 PM.
Fab Mam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ashilda View Post
My flight time was wrong! Not sure how I never noticed that before 😂

Shorts and vest tops it is then, I'll ignore the 9am to 7pm rain forecast and hope for the best, the more hoodys we pack the less room for merch 🙊
I think your timer was the original time of our flight... We're flying with VA from LGW. Are you on that one too? ✈️
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
I think your timer was the original time of our flight... We're flying with VA from LGW. Are you on that one too? ✈️
Yes we are on that flight 😁 not long now, I really need to get packing today!
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

It’s generally normal August weather so whatever you’d normally pack when you come in August.
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo 77
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ashilda View Post
Yes we are on that flight 😁 not long now, I really need to get packing today!
Yay 😊 We've made a start, currently wandering around Tesco aimlessly trying to think of what we've forgotten and then going home to continue 😂
Jo 77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Same as us. We were there 2015 and didn’t see any rain in Orlando hit some storms on the gulf coast.

I’m packing for sun plus a poncho that’s it.
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Drizzle in Kissimmee today😮
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Here now and you may need an inflatable dingy

Tipping it down for next hour or so at least (started an hour ago). Was horrendous yesterday/last night.

Edited at 03:54 PM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

We fly out on Monday and we are expecting afternoon rain and storms. Hoping it won’t be too rainy all day long etc. We had an awful batch of weather a few years ago with constant drizzle. It simply meant less nice sunny photos and less pool time. We wore the same top and shorts as we would usually and loved every minute nevertheless
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ashilda
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jo 77 View Post
Yay 😊 We've made a start, currently wandering around Tesco aimlessly trying to think of what we've forgotten and then going home to continue 😂
Finally got stuff in suitcases and I've already been informed I've over packed! I think I might sneak back to town Monday and buy more cycling shorts, I wouldn't dream of wearing them at home but seen lots of pics of ladies in them with floaty tops or even vest tops and they look fine, lightest most comfy option I think and I only have one pair, not feeling damp heavy denim shorts!
ashilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List