Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Virgin Fly Drive Sept 2021 GLA - MCO

Afternoon Dibbers
I've already booked a lovely Dibb villa for our trip to Florida Sept 2021. I know flights with Tui have been released and I have checked their prices which are coming out at approx £3400 for 4 adults. I have also looked at Virgin Fly Drives and they are working out at £3200 for 4 adults GLA - MCO flying 4th Sept for 2 weeks. This is direct. We won't be using the car as it's cheaper to organise our own. This works out at £800 each for flights.

My question is do you think this is a good price for direct gla -mco in the current climate? We normally pay no more that £500 each for the same 2 weeks MAN - MCO with TC. Obviously the worry is that flights will be limited next year and that may drive the price upwards. Likewise there may still be a level of uncertainty in the holiday market and less people wanting to travel. What a dilemma this is!
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

I have booked TUI fly drive for May 2021. They cost 2600 for 3 of us. Last year we payed 1500 with Virgin flights so its quite a bit difference. I too was worried that flight prices will go up so I wanted to lock in a deal. I also have another year to save too so it won't make that much difference.
Wishuponastar is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I think like yourself it's the worry that there won't but much to choose from after everyone from this year re-books for next year. On top of that there are less flights to book with the collapse of TC and virgin using smaller planes. I really don't want to pay over the odds but I'm tempted just to go for it. Then I will never look at the prices again.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t think £800 is a good price but I suppose it may turn out to be! Historically the VH fly drives have always overpriced the flights. Currently they have January on sale for less than £500.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by clanmacbeath View Post
Afternoon Dibbers
I've already booked a lovely Dibb villa for our trip to Florida Sept 2021. I know flights with Tui have been released and I have checked their prices which are coming out at approx £3400 for 4 adults. I have also looked at Virgin Fly Drives and they are working out at £3200 for 4 adults GLA - MCO flying 4th Sept for 2 weeks. This is direct. We won't be using the car as it's cheaper to organise our own. This works out at £800 each for flights.

My question is do you think this is a good price for direct gla -mco in the current climate? We normally pay no more that £500 each for the same 2 weeks MAN - MCO with TC. Obviously the worry is that flights will be limited next year and that may drive the price upwards. Likewise there may still be a level of uncertainty in the holiday market and less people wanting to travel. What a dilemma this is!
I see that you've already said that you're organising your own car.

Sadly both Virgin and Tui have a poor reputation for not including enough car insurance in their basic price. The add on extra cost is often more expensive that ditching the included car and renting separately.

Quite frankly UK companies should not be allowed to include car hire which excluded CDW and only includes the state minimum SLI.

Daily old man's rant over.

Mick

Edited at 05:04 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List