Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 May 20, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleagle
A Guest at All-Stars

Disney Yacht Club and Dining Plans

We’re in the early stages of planning a trip to WDW for 2021, we have only been to DLP once (Apr15) where we stayed at The Newport Bay Club. Which we liked hence looking at the Yacht Club.

We also had a DDP (I’m not sure which one though!) which gave us buffet breakfast at the hotel and a meal at night sometimes we did character dining and even did the wild west show. I can’t even remember if we had to pay extra but assuming we did at the time for the wild west show.

My question is what would be the similar dining plan now and if having a buffet breakfast what is it like at the Yacht club?

Just after a few tips so I can go off and do a bit of research but feel free to ask questions or make suggestions.

Edited at 06:03 AM.
Fleagle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The dining plans for WDW are not the same as DLP and hotels don’t include breakfast. What you get instead are meal credits which essentially allow you to pick and choose where and how you eat. I have a thread in the dining part of the forum about Disney Dining Plans that may help.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleagle
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks I've just a had quick look and will have to do plenty more reading.

Just trying to get my head around which plan gives you what credits and whether thats for QS or TS and which are interchangeable as well as looking at at what type of restaurants need say 2 credits.

I'll need to look at what our dining out will look like and work back, I think...
Old 27 May 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

If you get a free dining plan then at the Yacht Club it will be the DDP which provides 1 QS credit, 1 TS credit and two snack credits per day. You can upgrade it to DDP + which is 2 TS credits but no QS credit. Or you could upgrade to deluxe dining plan which is 3 TS credits per day.

If there is no free dining you can purchase whatever plan you want.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

In terms of breakfast - there is the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club which offers a really good breakfast. It is one TS credit and you get to choose one 'hot' item from the menu and help yourself to everything on the buffet (fruits, pastries etc). It set us up for the day and we generally didn't end until late after breakfast there!
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

We stayed at the yacht club in 2017 and we had a few breakfast meals at cape May at the beach club next door. With the dining plan that’s been traditionally offered at the deluxes, you get a table service, a quick service and two snack credits. Yacht club is a beautiful resort I’d stay there again tomorrow.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Fleagle
A Guest at All-Stars

Thanks for responses.
Old 28 May 20, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Basically if there is no free dining, just pay out of pocket- it’s usually cheaper.
Old 28 May 20, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Basically if there is no free dining, just pay out of pocket- it’s usually cheaper.
How can paying for the food be cheaper than getting it free? It only works out cheaper if you get a really good room discount and let’s face it those have been pretty poor in recent years.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
How can paying for the food be cheaper than getting it free? It only works out cheaper if you get a really good room discount and let’s face it those have been pretty poor in recent years.
There is possibly going to be no free dining deals.

I was saying if there’s no free dining deal, pay out of pocket, don’t pay for a dining plan, as out of pocket per meal is often cheaper.