Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 12 Nov 20, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

I've stayed in the Burj but didn't find it classy enough. Can you recommend anything nicer Colette ?
Old 19 Nov 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I've stayed in the Burj but didn't find it classy enough. Can you recommend anything nicer Colette ?
Hi BB, not sure many would consider Burj to be classy. It’s certainly opulent and luxurious but not to everyone’s taste. I find it too busy and over the top although I did enjoy my holiday. The One and Only a much classier hotel and understated.
However, if you wish to stay in the same area as the Burj (Jumeirah Beach) the the Beit Al Bahar is my favourite. It’s much quieter and more private than the BAA with individual villas but you still have access to the Burj facilities

Edited at 07:38 PM.
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I dont like the Burj - its smells of new money and not of class to me. I am a One and Only fan. I prefer the one on the mainland (Royal Mirage) but it has a boat that takes to you the Palm if you wish to dine etc there . I have stayed at The Residence since the year it opened and often more than once a year and normally in the same suite. It is very understated, opulent and luxurious or in one word class.

Edited at 07:26 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I dont like the Burj - its smells of new money and not of class to me. I am a One and Only fan. I prefer the one on the mainland (Royal Mirage) but it has a boat that takes to you the Palm if you wish to dine etc there . I have stayed at The Residence since the year it opened and often more than once a year and normally in the same suite. It is very understated, opulent and luxurious or in one word class.
You have good taste MF 😉 I’ve changed the second word of my post to “not” - misspelling on my behalf
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
You have good taste MF 😉 I’ve changed the second word of my post to “not” - misspelling on my behalf
We both share good taste - and class, Colette-S 👍😘
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Just seen a fab deal for Dubai, 5* All inclusive hotel, includes flights 5 nights for £600 pp .
Never been before ( have been to abu Dhabi)
For all you experts out there , what sort of spending money would we need, ?
We wont need food money , but a few excursions, I have no clue
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Just seen a fab deal for Dubai, 5* All inclusive hotel, includes flights 5 nights for £600 pp .
Never been before ( have been to abu Dhabi)
For all you experts out there , what sort of spending money would we need, ?
We wont need food money , but a few excursions, I have no clue
Almost sounds too good to be true! Which hotel? Not many in Dubai do AI.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Here's the details
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Here's the details
Thats an unbelievable price - its a good hotel in the marina . I would just wonder as its form 599 pp is that when 6 people share a standard (basic - road traffic room ) or is that for a actual room you would want for a couple ? Also AI is rare in Dubai so check what that covers - I would expect not alcohol and maybe basic buffets. BUT Dubai are offering some exception deals at the moment and if its what you want grab it quick ... but do your homework first
Old 6 Dec 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Thanks megaflyer, it does have some blackout dates , we need to sit and have a proper look at it , it needs to be booked by tomorrow