Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 17 Oct 20, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

For those who have been to Ikos Dassia, we are looking at a promo double room sea view, is that going to be ok? Just two of us, mid to late September. Its just there are an awful lot of room types but to upgrade any further is additional £1200! Hoping standard rooms are ok. Any insights into best room types would be really appreciated.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 09:36 AM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
For those who have been to Ikos Dassia, we are looking at a promo double room sea view, is that going to be ok? Just two of us, mid to late September. Its just there are an awful lot of room types but to upgrade any further is additional £1200! Hoping standard rooms are ok. Any insights into best room types would be really appreciated.
I stayed at the Dassia the first year it opened and the service was awful but I believe it’s improved since then. We had a 1 bed suite which was lovely but my son and his girlfriend had a double room. It was tiny, you could sit on the toilet and wash your hands at the same time! Maybe he was just unlucky
Old 17 Oct 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by peter pan View Post
I stayed at the Dassia the first year it opened and the service was awful but I believe it’s improved since then. We had a 1 bed suite which was lovely but my son and his girlfriend had a double room. It was tiny, you could sit on the toilet and wash your hands at the same time! Maybe he was just unlucky
Oh goodness! That sounds like a no from me. Thank you.

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Just booked for Crete for 31st October after having our Lanzarote trip cancelled by BA.

Fingers crossed for this one.

Flying BHX with Jet2 and an AirBnB in Piskopiano (we've been to the village twice before so more than happy to get a place there for pennies)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just dropping in to say have a lovely holiday OP! Hopefully you are there now?

Our trip reports -
Old 27 Oct 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Just dropping in to say have a lovely holiday OP! Hopefully you are there now?
Well it didn’t turn out as planned. My DD tested positive for Covid 3 days before we were due to fly so we had to cancel... obviously gutted! IKOS were excellent in refunding monies paid, just have to claim on travel insurance for the flight money. Waiting for 2021 now, got 2 holidays to IKOS Oceania booked so fingers crossed they go ahead!
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Well it didn’t turn out as planned. My DD tested positive for Covid 3 days before we were due to fly so we had to cancel... obviously gutted! IKOS were excellent in refunding monies paid, just have to claim on travel insurance for the flight money. Waiting for 2021 now, got 2 holidays to IKOS Oceania booked so fingers crossed they go ahead!
Oh no! I am so sorry, I hope your daughter is ok. Good to hear IKOS refunded you, hope your insurance will cover your flights. We are thinking of booking the Aria, in Kos now, as apparently less chance of wasps in September there, and better weather possibly. The rooms are larger too. I am not booking anything until the new year though.

Our trip reports -
Old 28 Oct 20, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oh no! I am so sorry, I hope your daughter is ok. Good to hear IKOS refunded you, hope your insurance will cover your flights. We are thinking of booking the Aria, in Kos now, as apparently less chance of wasps in September there, and better weather possibly. The rooms are larger too. I am not booking anything until the new year though.
She’s ok thank you. I believe the Aria is beautiful. My friend is a TA and went for soft opening ... she said it’s now her favourite. They are planning on opening one in Portugal and another in Corfu soon...
Old 30 Oct 20, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sorry you didn't manage to get away 😥. We were at Dassia last year and the service was faultless for the whole 2 weeks we were there, they definetely go above and beyond to make your stay perfect in every way. We explored Corfu thanks to the complimentary mini and luxury shuttle service and made full use of the water sports. We all cant wait to go back to Oceania next year.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List