Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Oct 20, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

A cruise just went out of Portsmouth a bout a week ago - I follow cruise with Ben and David (I think thats what they're called) and they are on a cruise with sea dream yacht club and it looks fabulous. They've got some videos of embarkation, no masks, daily temp checks, reduced ship capacity. Everything looks great. I'm so jealous 😁
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Went on an Alaska cruise two years ago and should have been on a Hawaiian one last July. Won’t be cruising again
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

I'm supposed to be on a cruise right now I wouldn't even book another until normal life and cruising returns.
dismamx2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I was due to be sailing at the weekend - had 3 cancelled this year so not rebooking now until I know they are definitely sailing. Can’t wait to be back onboard a ship!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

we've just put our 2 week Caribbean for March back for an entire year - but we still have Allure booked from Miami in August. Will keep hopeful for that one a while longer...

i soooo miss cruising
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
It’s sad thinking of those huge ships sitting empty but I can’t see it being considered safe for a long time to come
We're in the Isle of Wight at the moment, we saw 4 Royal Caribbean ships moored off the coast today; it's heartbreaking...
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

I follow someone who works on RC on tiktok and she just released a video of her returning to the boat for duty
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Had an email from one of the large cruise companies we sail with and they were informing about their new C-19 policies. A synopsis included testing, wearing masks under certain circumstances, buffets to be served, extended formal dining hours as no multi family tables, additional shows to allow for distancing where necessary and potential one way route around the ship and restrictions on shore excursions with some lines only allowing people off the ship if they are on a cruise line organised tour. Under these conditions we will not be cruising as this does not equate to a holiday for us.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
I remember hearing Germany tried a no port cruise, there was an outbreak and didn’t do another?

That was with testing pre cruise😡

I honestly think cruising is off until the vaccine is available and in use.
Not true at all.

TUI Mien Schiff have been successfully cruising since August. Costa also do cruises from Italy.

Unfortunately no cruises as yet from the UK. But I think the winter months are generally quieter for UK cruises. They will probably pick up again in March/April when the big lines start up again. The question is are you looking forward to cruising with reduced numbers and the odd mask wearing or prefer until everyone in the world is completely vaccinated.

I know which I will be choosing

Edited at 04:13 PM.
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Not true at all.

TUI Mien Schiff have been successfully cruising since August. Costa also do cruises from Italy.

Unfortunately no cruises as yet from the UK. But I think the winter months are generally quieter for UK cruises. They will probably pick up again in March/April when the big lines start up again.
It is true of UNCRUISE out of Juneau on their August no city cruise, 38 passengers all tested twice before embarkation. Embarkation test showed one positive while at sea, returned to port. Details on their website.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List