Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Nov 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Blinds

I need blinds for the whole front of our house. So 5 windows in total and I want them all the same.
I really the wooden shutter blinds, I imagine those are very expensive!
I also like wooden blinds but can’t decide on string or tape.
They need to be pretty decent at blocking out light too because two of the windows are bedrooms.

Do you have blinds? Would you recommend them?
Or do you have something else that you would recommend?
I want something really nice but also functional for my nice new windows 😉
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Whatever you decide be vary wary of Hillary’s blinds unless you want a lot of heartache
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads

Edited at 09:18 PM.
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We get all our blinds and curtains from Blinds2Go and Curtians2Go.

Sadly your just missed the 10% off promo. I suspect another will be on soon and it sometimes goes to 30%

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We’ve gradually replaced all our curtains with blinds over the last few years and have used Blinds2go and Blinds24. Both gave excellent service, quick turnaround on samples even during lockdown and the resultant blinds have been perfect even when we’ve asked for pattern matching over several blinds in one room.

Fitting instructions are easy to understand and all fittings included.

We’ve bought during promotions so very pleased with the cost. If you sign up to their newsletters there are offers coming through regularly.

Need some bathroom blinds now to replace ancient venetians and wouldn’t hesitate to order from them again.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

As the two posts above we have got our recent blinds from Blinds2Go, if you have a look online you can look at all the options.

They were easy to fit, we have bought vertical, wooden and a roller blind from them
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I’ve used Keeley’s Blinds before for wooden blinds and had ribbons on them. They were really good quality and easy to fit too.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
As buryboy says stay clear of Hilarys !
We have wooden blinds through the house. I always go for the string as I feel that although both will discolour over time the string will be less noticeable.
We have replaced the oak coloured ones on the back of the house for white ones after our extension was built , they are so much brighter in the rooms . So the plan is to change the front too although my dream is to have shutters as we have 2 square Edwardian bay windows that are screaming for shutters ... that’s what I tell DH
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

We have blinds with tape. Our recent ones were from Blinds Direct.

Quick turnaround.

We don’t want shutters or perfect fit blinds as we have cats who go on window sills.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

We used Hillarys at our last house and gad no complaints but maybe we were lucky!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 20, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post

We get our blinds from Blinds2go but shutters we got installed from a local company as they’re so expensive I wanted them done properly as we couldn’t trust our own measurements.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List