rebook with dollar 0 0%
stay with alamo 15 100.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4 Jun 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
passingthrew
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

alamo car hire

with all the trouble people are having with Alamo with wrong cars in the rows along other things would it be worth rebooking with another company.
I have cancelation on my booking and could book the same car with dollar for a few £ less.
I have done on-line check-in and skip the counter with Alamo if that makes any difference.
passingthrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just as long as you know what you should get as a minimum then I have no problem with Alamo and have always got an upgrade thanks to them putting the wrong car in the row
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
Just as long as you know what you should get as a minimum then I have no problem with Alamo and have always got an upgrade thanks to them putting the wrong car in the row
Can you help please. I’m travelling with just my kids and we’ve booked a full size 4 door - what should I be looking for as a minimum? Or should I just go for whatever looks the biggest
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 03:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I came out Friday and had a full size booked my choice was a Chevy
Malibu or Chevy Malibu in sizei compare it to a jag saloon
But wayway under spec it’s got a sat nav reversing camera and a USB port that’s it
It’s ok to drive easy enough to park with the camera would I pick it again I’d certainly look for something else if available
We are sticking with Alamo at the minute for 2 reasons free second driver and straight to garage
The first the most important as this trip it’s a 32 day trip and in November a 42 day trip and at $10 plus extra a day for some companies it’s a no goer for us just because of extra charges
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our last four full sizes have been Hyundai Sonata. Nissan Altima, Chevy Malibu and Ford Fusion all I'd say Mondeo size.

All had reversing cameras but never had built in satnav. All from garage B. We look for lowest mileage and minimal external damage.

Mick
Old 5 Jun 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you all. When first booking this holiday I was confident about driving as have driven in Florida before, but as time has gone on and reading posts about other people's horrendous driving I'm getting more nervous. This holiday has 2 halves - the first 2 weeks is just me and my children and we will stay in Orlando. The second half DH arrives, we swap the full size to a SUV intermediate and we are travelling to the Gulf coast and the keys. We chose Alamo so we could miss the queue, choose our car and to get the extra driver.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Try not to worry about the driving people will only tell you the bad stories and not the thousands of trips we all take with no problems what's so ever.

As above look for Mondeo size car with little mileage as possible remember it's only a rental and you give it back soon enough.
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List