Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Nov 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Just Back from Symphony of the Seas

Ian and I got home last night after had 16 nights holiday which held at Miami Beach for 2 nights, 7 nights cruise, 4 nights at Key West then 2 nights at Maimi South. We had the fab holidays.

My thought about Symphony of the Sea, it is a huge ship but I don't feeling that I love it much.

Don't get wrong as it is beautiful massive ship but too big. It is too many things to see but I only saw half of it as it is too huge ship. Also we missed out sail away party over late fire drill.

We went with 270 deaf group and we meet friends at sport bar but we got lost for one hour and it was confused and we end up lifts up and down and looking for sport bar and realised it was back of the ship.

Our Balcony on the 14th floor and the balcony was blocked, it was no sun at all and our balcony had the roof plus walls mean we missed out the view to right and left. I think it suit people who hate the sun, that will be prefect but not for us as we love sitting down with sun and watch the sunset etc but our meals was 5.30 pm every night seem rush about and I felt I missed out to see the sunset.

I don't think I would go back on that ship again. Nothing wrong with ship I still love Disney Cruise Magic as I think it is my favourite ship but shame about the pricey nowadays.
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 11:27 PM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby29
Imagineer

I was the same about oasis of the seas, when it was new, we went round the Caribbean on it . DH wasn't fussed either. I think the magic is lost as its like a huge floating village. You can't get round it all.

At least it's off my bucket list 😬
Old 10 Nov 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are on the symphony at Easter. The Disney magic is also my favourite but I can’t afford it for every trip and DH loves the flo-riders and slides etc on the big RCL ships so I will go with an open mind but I think I may feel the same as you afterwards.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Interesting, we are on the sister ship the Harmony next September.

We love the Magic/Wonder but are looking forward to a bigger more varied experience.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We were on Harmony this year and loved it. We’ve cruised on Freedom three times and it’s also a lovely ship but Harmony had so many areas to choose from - it really did offer something for everyone.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Having been on Harmony, and Anthem, I preferred Anthem, smaller was better for me, I felt Harmony was too big, I couldn’t see the sea! Hope you still enjoyed your holiday OP. Keep cruising!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Having been on Harmony, and Anthem, I preferred Anthem, smaller was better for me, I felt Harmony was too big, I couldn’t see the sea! Hope you still enjoyed your holiday OP. Keep cruising!
We had a lovely times and lovely vacation with one couple from USA which we met them last year at Jamaica and we meet up at Miami Beach then cruise and Key West and so much fun and nothing spoilt . it just prefect vacation and the cruise was lovely but disappointed with balcony. my family want go back on cruising next two years. wait and see x
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hi Deborah!

What a shame about your balcony not getting any sun at all, but seems like you had a lovely time overall.

I don't have any interest in sailing on larger ships, the Fantasy/Dream are my limit generally but I'm happiest on smaller ones.

Hope you're all ok

Joa
Old 16 Nov 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi Deborah lovely to read your post. Glad you had a great time even if Symphony wasnt for you. We were on Harmony last year and Mariner this year. We loved them both! Going on Symphony next year and really looking forward to it!
Old 12 Jan 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
We’ve been on Anthem and loved it! Booked again for a Med Cruise on it in Aug this year. Have also been on Independence. Quite like the idea of Oasis or Harmony etc. so may have to try one, just in the name of market research - obvs 🤣🤣 #anyexcuse 😉

Vicki x

Apr 1998 Rodeway Inn International drive
Oct 2000 Quality Inn Anahiem, Navy lodge Coranado & The Rio Las Vegas
Apr 2005 Formosa Gardens & Toronto
Dec 2007 Newport Bay DLP
Feb 2012 Port Orleans Riverside

Aug 2014 2 weeks SSR (1 night HRH)
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List