Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Nov 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Charlie's First WDW Adventure - Sep/Oct 2019 - Day 1: Magic Kingdom and dinner at Denny's

Index can be found here

Sunday 29th September

It was an early wake up call from Charlie at 3am, ouch! I had been sound asleep up until then and hadn’t even heard Paul get back from Disney Springs and into bed. Charlie seemed absolutely full of beans so in a desperate attempt to get him to go back to sleep and I headed down to the kitchen to get him some milk. That didn’t seem to do the trick so we had to resort to putting Peppa Pig on the TV (not something we would ordinarily allow at that time of the morning but desperate times call for desperate measures and all that!). After many, many episodes of Peppa he finally fell back to sleep just before 5am.

My alarm went off at 6am, ordinarily after being up for hours with Charlie in the night I would be feeling rather zombie-like at this point but not today… it was a Disney day! No time for being tired!

I set about getting myself showered and dressed and also linked up the magic bands that Paul had picked up for us the night before at Disney Springs (black for him and white for me). Joan and John hadn’t seen any they liked so the plan was to pick them up some today.

Charlie woke again at 7:45am so at that point we headed downstairs for breakfast (they had picked up all the essentials at Walmart the night before so we had plenty of bread, cereal and fruit to set us up for the day… Paul of course chose Pop Tarts!). By 7:45am we all had full bellies and were all set and ready to go… let’s get to Magic Kingdom! (I had been optimistic on the time we would get out on this first morning when booking our FPs as we had one for Peter Pan opening up right then, as you can probably predict we never made it there in time!).

It was a short walk down the path to the parking bays where we had left the car, every journey down this path resulted in us spotting multiple lizards as they run across from the grass into the bushes on the other side… Charlie was mesmerised every time!

Soon enough we were all loaded into the car and making the short drive to Disney (I would say it took about 10 minutes to get onto Disney property, not far at all… the location of Storey Lake really was perfect!)

Not long into the journey we realised we had forgotten to pick up bottles of water and I also had forgotten to pack any snacks for Charlie and also his buggy fan… doh! Not the best start, but not the end of the world as we knew we would be able to pick up everything we needed when at Magic Kingdom (it certainly was a learning curve remembering everything that we would need throughout the day, I won’t pretend this was the only time I forgot something but I definitely got better at remembering things as the trip went on!)

We arrived at the parking kiosks at 9:10am and handed over our $25 for standard parking (ouch!). Heading in we were directed into the Simba parking lot and parked up in row 123. We made our way to the end of the row and opted to get the tram over as is tradition on our first day (we often walk to avoid waiting around). Ah the excitement of seeing our first tram…

Charlie was less excited by the tram and at this point went into complete meltdown mode. I’m not sure what the problem was but he really was not happy about boarding onto this strange vehicle and was being very vocal about it! I managed to get him on but he then opted to sit on the floor whilst having a good old cry. Luckily it wasn’t a long journey and was much happier once we were off at the other end and was having a little run as we made our way to the TCC (in reality had we had known just how short the journey would be to the temporary drop-off point we would have just walked, it really wasn’t worth the effort!).

Now here came our first experience of going through security at the TTC (it had moved from the entrance of Magic Kingdom since our last trip). Paul and John took Charlie through the no-bag lane whilst Joan and I queued up with the pushchair to have all the bags checked. This was certainly more of a process now as my bag is much bigger than I have ever carried in the parks before (toddlers need a lot of stuff!) plus we had a second tote bag that we kept under the pushchair with all the extra bits… so many bags to have checked!

It was all going smoothly until the security guy checked under the pushchair… and found a roll of brown parcel tape! We had left it under there after packaging up the car seat at Gatwick the day before! Now I appreciate this must have looked a little suspicious, it’s certainly not the usual theme park must-have! I tried explaining the reason it was there but he was far from understanding and called over a supervisor. Again I explained why we had a roll of tape and made it quite clear I was happy for them to take it and throw it away, it’s not like I needed it in Magic Kingdom… I didn’t have any plans to kidnap Mickey and gag him with brown parcel tape! Thankfully they were happy to take it off me and let us be on our way, what an unnecessary palaver!

Finally through security we met back up with Paul, John and Charlie and made our way in the direction of the ferry (another first day at Magic Kingdom tradition!)

There was a ferry docked waiting so we didn’t have to wait long before we were boarded.

It really was very emotional being on the ferry with Charlie, travelling over to Magic Kingdom for the very first time. Seeing the castle get closer and closer was so overwhelming and I was beyond excited for the two weeks we had ahead of us.

On alighting the boat we made our way to the park entrance, totally in awe already of the beautiful Halloween decorations (this is the first time we have visited at this time of year so these were a first for us!).

We had brought along the Disney milestone cards that I had bought for Charlie’s first trip to Disneyland Paris last year… I will admit now we fell flat with these, getting Charlie to pose for a photo is tricky enough without adding the additional hurdle of getting him to hold a card as well! We managed this one to mark his first park though…

Is it possible to walk into Magic Kingdom without taking a photo of this sign?

We had made it! Into Magic Kingdom and there we were stood at the top of Main Street. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. There truly is no better feeling that first walk in, taking in the sights, the sounds and the smells. This is why we come back again and again. Pure happiness right there.

We of course spent a fair bit of time taking it all in and snapping lots of photos, once again I was totally blown away by the Halloween decorations, so pretty!

We slowly starting making our way down Main Street towards the castle... cue tears!

We also made a stop at one of the photographers to get our very first group photo of the trip (the first of many be warned!)

On making it out the front of the castle, the Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street party was in full flow. So we stopped to watch, Charlie was mesmerized! (I would have loved to have known what he was thinking right there and then, the first of many overwhelming experiences for sure!).

The highlight for him was definitely at the end when all the fluffy pom poms shoot out... I scooted over and picked him up a couple which he loved! As the floats started making their way back up Main Street Charlie sat in his pushchair waving and saying goodbye, heart-melting!

It's fair to say we were all buzzing at this point! The sun was shining, the music was pumping and we were finally in Magic Kingdom! All that planning had come to this. It was the perfect start to the day! More happy face photos...

By this point our FP for Pirates of the Caribbean had opened up so we started making our way through to Adventureland. We actually broke tradition here as ordinarily It's A Small World is our first ride of the trip! But we all love POTC so it felt like a good replacement. I managed to get a photo of Charlie outside with his 'My First Attraction' card but this is the last you will see of these, we gave up with them after this point!

A fun ride to the start the trip (although I do admit I think the DLP and Disneyland California versions are better, sorry!). I promise I wasn't actually as scared as the ride photo makes me out to be!

Up next was our third FP of the day (remembering that we missed out first one for Peter Pan)... off to Jungle Cruise we went (I'm not sure I intentionally planned it that we would already be in Adventureland for POTC, but it worked out very well!). Charlie enjoyed the queue for this one what with there so much to look up... the caged spider was a particular highlight (although I admit, it made me jump!)

On boarding I was a bit disappointed that we were sat in the middle section of the boat as I was worried Charlie wouldn't be able to see much but he loved it regardless! It was adorable seeing him getting excited and pointing out all he animals. He particularly loved the elephants!

On leaving Jungle Cruise we made a quick stop at Tortuga Tavern for some drinks (Coke for Paul and water for the rest of us). Feeling refreshed we started making our way back through Adventureland. Paul, Joan and John made a stop into the Sunglass Hut as John was on the look out for some new sunglasses. Whilst they were in there I stopped at one of the shops nearby (I can't remember the name but it was the one right by the flying carpets) as I was on a hunt for a first visit badge for Charlie and was hopeful I would be able to get one at a shop rather than having to stop by City Hall. I was in luck, in chatting to the CM she popped out the back and managed to find me one and then kindly wrote on Charlie's name and covered it with tape (I am assuming so it didn't smudge or run if wet). Happy days, the first thing on my must-do list was ticked off! (Granted this was an easy one but it was a tick nonetheless!)

With the badge safely stowed away in my bag I met back up with the others (no sunglasses purchased but John had found a style he liked). From there we headed towards the hub, walking round to the bridge that takes you into Liberty Square. This is my favorite angle to get photos of the castle.

There was a photographer plotted up here too which of course called for a mini photoshoot!

By now it was almost midday and with Charlie being pushed in the buggy he was soon sound asleep. I took the opportunity to snap a quick photo of him with his first visit badge before securing it to the hood of the pushchair where it stayed proudly for the rest of the trip (and is now safely stored away in his memory box!)

With Charlie soundly asleep I thought it would be a good opportunity to get another item on my must-do list ticked off... time to head to the purple wall! Now the others found this all quite amusing and I of course had to explain that having a photo in front of a random purple wall in Magic Kingdom was a 'thing'. But bless them, they totally humored me and Joan even got involved in a photo too (this is actually one of my favorites from the trip, I think our happy faces say it all!). Hurrah for two things ticked off the list already!

Leaving the purple wall behind we decided to make our way back up Main Street to have a look in the shops. On making our way past the hub I spotted a photographer that was doing the zoom-in/zoom-out shots (I have no idea what they are officially called but hopefully you know what I mean... the ones that start up close to you and then zoom out to show a birds eye view of the hub and the castle and then back down to you again). I had seen a few of these on various Instagram accounts so was most excited to be able to get one done (although I do feel a bit bad about Charlie not being in it given he was still asleep in the pushchair!). I don't know how to upload the video of it so you will have to make to with the up-close shot and then the bird eye view show separately... sorry about that!

Right with that done it was time to hit the shops. The first stop was into the Emporium to pick up some Magic Bands for Joan and John. Joan went for Tinkerbell (her absolute favorite character) and John chose Star Was. Once purchased I quickly linked them on my MDE app so they could get to using them straight away. Whilst in there I also spotted these badges which made me chuckle, quite apt given our current excursion to the purple wall!

Our next stop was to The Chapeau as I wanted to pick up some personalised Mickey ears fir Charlie to mark his first trip. On making it up the counter and making the order the CM asked which size we wanted and I was a bit stumped... on asking Paul his opinion he attempted to hold one up to sleeping Charlie's head to see what size he would need... yep you guessed it, he woke him up! Luckily he didn't seem to disgruntled by having his slumber disturbed! I finished ordering his ears and paid up with the intention to collect them later that day.

With Charlie now awake we decided to get some lunch so we headed back down Main Street. On arriving at the front of the castle we found the Main Street band playing we stopped to have a watch.

It was at this point we discovered we had lost Paul who was pushing Charlie in the pushchair! It seemed when Joan, John and I stopped to watch the band he had kept going. After a wander around the hub looking for him I admitted defeat and called him to track him down. Reunited we made the decision to head into Fantasyland to get some food at Pinocchio Village House. Although at this point Charlie had fallen back to sleep!

We had been keen to eat here at some point this trip as Joan absolutely loves IASW so we knew she would love the location of it, and we lucked out as on arriving we found a vacant table overlooking the loading area of the ride! Cue lots of waving and smiling at the riders below!

Paul and I left Joan, John and sleeping Charlie at the table and headed up to order the food. It was a lovely spread of flatbreads and a chicken sandwich for Joan. We also ended up with an extra lemonade due to a mix-up with our order so that was a bonus. I do love a Disney flatbread although I am very sad they don't do the Caprese here anymore, that one was delicious!

The intention was to order something for Charlie when he woke up but he slept longer than we expected so we ended up heading on out with him still asleep. A toilet stop was needed so we headed in the direction of the Tangled restrooms. On milling around outside John somehow managed to drop his sunglasses and they broke... looks like he would definitely be needing a new pair now!

Charlie finally woke up at 2:10am and conscious that he hadn't eaten anything since breakfast we made a quick scoot over to Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café to get him something to eat. Paul went up the counter and ordered him a kid's chicken nugget meal and chips which came with an apple pouch (we got these several times across the trip but Charlie wasn't keen!). We managed to get a little bit of food in him but he seemed far too distracted to concentrate on eating and was ready and raring to go and explore! (I did wrap up his leftovers to take with us but he never actually got around to eating it!).

Whilst waiting for Charlie to finish up his food I had booked us up a FP for the Little Mermaid so on leaving Cosmic Rays we headed in that direction as it was available immediately.

I know it's not for everyone, but I really like this ride (as does Paul... particularly the 'Under the Sea' section which gets him smiling every time!). Charlie loved it too and was very enthusiastically pointing out all the sea creatures he could see!

On alighting I fired up the MDE app and secured us some FPs for The Barnstormer that were about to open up so we headed in the direction of Storybook Circus. Now prior to leaving we had measured Charlie several times so we had an idea of which attractions he would be tall enough to ride and we knew he was around the 90cm mark without shoes on… The Barnstormer has a height restriction of 89cm so we were confident we wouldn’t have any issues getting him on... oh how wrong we were! On approaching the ride the rather sour-faced CM told us we had to have Charlie measured, absolutely fair enough as he was close to the restriction so we appreciated that they have to check these things for safety reasons. On walking up to the measuring stick it was very clear he was tall enough but she insisted that he had to stand completely still with his back against it… easier said than done with a wriggly 23 month old! Of course as soon as he knew that’s what we wanted him to do he was absolutely defiant and refused to go anywhere near it! Another CM was wonderful in trying to help us coax him up to it using her phone and putting the camera on so he could see himself. He was stood right next to it and it was very obvious he was tall enough but yet the other miserable women refused to let him on. At this point we gave up, it was too hot to carry on trying and from what I have heard this ride really isn’t worth the effort we were making to get on it! Annoying though as I am sure any other CM would have been fine with us going through (especially given he went on rides with a higher height restriction later in the holiday!). We never did get back to ride on it, we will have to save this one for next time!

Anyway, enough grumbling about that! Admitting defeat we walked away and noticed that it was only a 10 minute wait to meet Goofy and Donald so we headed inside. I was excited for Charlie’s first character meet of the holiday and also this was our first opportunity to start collecting autographs in his book! This was something new to me (having never been to Disney as a child or collecting autographs as an adult) so it all felt a little haphazard on approaching Goofy and working how to say hello, pose for photos and get him to sign an autograph book! Charlie was a little apprehensive (which I guess is fair enough, Goofy is very tall and towered over him!) but was happy to go over with me and say hello! I made a bit of a boo-boo though as handed him the book and pen and forgot to take the lid off (despite the CM telling people to have books and pens at the ready for signing)… whoops, sorry about that Goofy! We got there in the end though and then all bundled in for a group photo.

On waving goodbye to Goody we headed over to meet Donald . This was also a little hectic as there seemed to be a handover of photographers happening so they were stood in the way as Charlie approached him so we missed out on photos and videos of this annoyingly! He was much more confident this time around though and was much more happy to pose for a photo with me and Joan.

Happy to have secured photos and autographs with both Goofy and Donald we headed back out into Storybook Circus and noticed that Dumbo was only a 10 minute standby wait so we headed on in.

Interestingly enough we have never ridden the WDW version of this! We headed inside and were loaded up pretty quickly (I’m still impressed there is a whole indoor play area at this attraction that we were never even aware of before!).

On leaving Dumbo I managed to secure us some FPs for the Magic Carpets of Aladdin that opened up at 4:10pm so we headed out of Storybook Circus and made our way back over to Adventureland to ride that (essentially exactly the same ride as Dumbo which we had just come off of but with different theming but Charlie loved it none the less and Paul took great delight in trying to steer us into the spitting camel!

Once we came off we decided it was time to head out as by this point Charlie was looking very hot and flustered and we felt like we had achieved a lot on our first day (plus we were all feeling pretty tired!) so we made our way back up Main Street towards the exit, making a brief stop at The Chapeau to pick up Charlie’s ears.

Whilst walking out I jumped onto the MDE app and booked us a FP for Nemo as we planned on going to Epcot later that evening. We planned on getting the monorail back over to the TTC but on making it out of the park we were greeted by a huge queue they trailed all the way down the ramp so we decided to abort that plan and took the ferry instead. By now it was 4:40pm and a boat pulled up not long after we joined the queue so we were soon on our way.

When we got back to the TTC Joan and I jumped on the tram as there was one ready and waiting and Paul and John walked back to the car with Charlie in the pushchair. We arrived back at the car at 5:05pm and by this point it was so hot! I say it every time we go but you really forget just how hot it gets don’t you? That humidity is outrageous! It was such a relief to get the air con pumping inside the car!

On our way back to the villa we made a stop at Super Target as we were still in need of a travel cot. We left Charlie in the car with Joan whilst Paul, John and I ran inside. We found one for the bargain price of $49.99 so snapped that up (although this took much longer than we hoped as there were none available on the shop floor and had to wait what felt like an age for a member of staff to find us one from out back!).

Travel cot sorted it was straight back to the villa, with us arriving there just after 6pm. We wanted to give Charlie a little time to chill out after such a busy day so popped some Peppa Pig on the TV and gave him some grapes, orange and strawberries as a snack. It was at this point we decided against going to Epcot that evening as we were all pretty tired and we didn’t want to over-do it too much on day 1 and instead made the decision to pop out for a quick dinner instead (Nemo FP cancelled in hope it would come in useful for someone else).

With his fruit now devoured, I took Charlie upstairs for a bath and got him changed ready to head out. By 7:40m we were all set and ready to go and had opted for Denny’s (one of our favourites and a place that was on Joan’s must-do list for the trip). On driving there the sky was looking absolutely beautiful.

We arrived at Denny’s at 8pm and were seated straight away. I popped Charlie into a highchair and pulled out his colouring and travel puzzles from the bag of tricks I had brought along with me which worked perfectly in keeping him distracted until dinner arrived.

For food Paul ordered the bourbon sizzling chicken, John had the meatloaf, Joan had the Mediterranean chicken and I went for the chicken tenders with bourbon sauce which I shared with Charlie (I correctly predicted the portion size would be plenty big enough for the both of us!).

The food was lovely. You always know what you are going to get with Denny’s, we have never had a bad meal there and the service is always great. It was a perfect stop for a quick and casual bite to eat! Also it’s so reasonably priced, coming to $75 for all of us including tip.

After eating Charlie started to get a little fidgeting in his highchair so we let him get down to have a little roam, he was very much enjoying the freedom!

We made a move at 9:30pm, heading straight back to the villa.

Back at the villa I took Charlie straight up to get him ready for bed whilst Paul put up the new travel cot. For the price I was so pleased with the quality of this, the mattress was so much thicker than any I have used in the UK! So pleased we opted to buy one over paying the additional cost to hire one for the two weeks! Charlie was asleep just before 10 and once he was down I had a quick shower and washed by hair before getting into bed myself at 11pm.

So that ends our very first full day in Orlando! A busy and hot one but super fun with lots of rides ticked off the list! Join us for the next instalment where we head to Hollywood Studios to experience Toy Story Land and Galaxy’s Edge for the very first time and then stop into Epcot to say a sad farewell to Illuminations!

Day 2 can be found here

Edited at 04:18 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

What a lovely first day! There is nothing better than that first day feeling when you have the whole holiday ahead of you!

We stayed at Storey Lake last October and found the location fab!

I love your must-do list!

The Dumbo play area is such a good idea - we have only ever ridden it with a short wait so have never needed to use it - but the girls always moan they wanna go in when we pass so one day!

The food at Denny's looks lovely! We have been for breakfast but never tried dinner before! Looking forward to Day 2
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Great first day in MK. I can't imagine spending the first day anywhere else. Charlie did well on his first day. We just got back at the beginning of November and the humidity still was draining. It was lovely but so hot for October/November.

Love Charlie's new ears and you all look so happy. Defo the happiest place on earth xx

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

What a brilliant little boy - and some wonderful photos. We are going to try Barnstormer in January, just hope we don't get a miserable CM!
Looking forward to reading Day 2
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Ah I’m well down the pecking order for commenting on this one!

What a fab day, I’m over awed by how well Charlie did. You must be so proud of him!

Devo’d about the caprese flatbread... ace seats though.

Must try and get a Pom Pom... it’s going on my must do list ha.

I think I may create a daily spreadsheet which I tick off each morning to remember everything- how on earth do you do it otherwise?!

Did you find the buggy fan good (when you remembered it )? Charlie ripped ours to pieces on our last holiday as it was one of those foam ‘kind to fingers’ ones. Thinking that could be a life saver w my two.

Yay Denny’s...

A fun filled day all round! Can’t wait for the next instalment xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
What a lovely first day! There is nothing better than that first day feeling when you have the whole holiday ahead of you!

We stayed at Storey Lake last October and found the location fab!

I love your must-do list!

The Dumbo play area is such a good idea - we have only ever ridden it with a short wait so have never needed to use it - but the girls always moan they wanna go in when we pass so one day!

The food at Denny's looks lovely! We have been for breakfast but never tried dinner before! Looking forward to Day 2
We loved Storey Lake, definitely somewhere we would stay again!

Luckily Charlie didn't notice the Dumbo play area (we walked past pretty quickly... he would have totally wanted to have spent the rest of the day in there if h had seen it! )

I love a trip to Denny's!

Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
Great first day in MK. I can't imagine spending the first day anywhere else. Charlie did well on his first day. We just got back at the beginning of November and the humidity still was draining. It was lovely but so hot for October/November.

Love Charlie's new ears and you all look so happy. Defo the happiest place on earth xx
It is a must to start the trip at MK isn't it?! Just so magical, gives me goosebumps thinking about it now!

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
What a brilliant little boy - and some wonderful photos. We are going to try Barnstormer in January, just hope we don't get a miserable CM!
Looking forward to reading Day 2
Oh that CM was a real sour faced so-and-so! First time I have ever encountered one like this at WDW, it came as quite a shock! I'm sure we just caught her on a bad day

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Ah I’m well down the pecking order for commenting on this one!

What a fab day, I’m over awed by how well Charlie did. You must be so proud of him!

Devo’d about the caprese flatbread... ace seats though.

Must try and get a Pom Pom... it’s going on my must do list ha.

I think I may create a daily spreadsheet which I tick off each morning to remember everything- how on earth do you do it otherwise?!

Did you find the buggy fan good (when you remembered it )? Charlie ripped ours to pieces on our last holiday as it was one of those foam ‘kind to fingers’ ones. Thinking that could be a life saver w my two.

Yay Denny’s...

A fun filled day all round! Can’t wait for the next instalment xx
I had no idea they shot out those pom noms at the end! Annoyingly I don't seem to have kept them, they would have been good for Charlie's memory box!

Haha a list of what to remember is a good idea... these kiddies need sooooo much stuff!

We had one of the plastic buggy fans and it was actually pretty good! Charlie spent very little time in his buggy other than when asleep but when he did nap we clipped it onto the hood of the pushchair to circulate some air as we was worried about how hot he would get in there! It worked a treat and created a lovely little breeze! I will send you the link of the one we have, was just from Amazon (and is in casing so no risk of them catching their fingers in it!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Oh that photo of Charlie zonked is too adorable! Wee toot!

Had to laugh at the roll of tape incident!

Aww I can feel your emotion entering MK for the first time with Charlie

Love the purple wall pics! Joan seems so sweet!
The zoom in pic is very cool too! Wish they were on the go in June!

Oh that’s so pants about the Goofy ride! If it makes you feel better it only lasts about 25 seconds, so you didn’t miss much!

You got lots done for your first day, great use of getting extra FPs! Must have felt weird doing all the kiddy rides haha!

Looks like a nice meal at Denny’s and good idea to can Epcot! I was thinking 2 parks was ambitious for day 1!

Great read xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brilliant day, lots of great photos

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Aww I have been looking out for your report!

Looks like you had a pretty good travel over and your first day was really good! Charlie seemed to cope well with the jet lag even if he was up at all hours watching the evil pig known as Peppa! Lol!

Will look forward to your next installment!

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Oh that photo of Charlie zonked is too adorable! Wee toot!

Had to laugh at the roll of tape incident!

Aww I can feel your emotion entering MK for the first time with Charlie

Love the purple wall pics! Joan seems so sweet!
The zoom in pic is very cool too! Wish they were on the go in June!

Oh that’s so pants about the Goofy ride! If it makes you feel better it only lasts about 25 seconds, so you didn’t miss much!

You got lots done for your first day, great use of getting extra FPs! Must have felt weird doing all the kiddy rides haha!

Looks like a nice meal at Denny’s and good idea to can Epcot! I was thinking 2 parks was ambitious for day 1!

Great read xxx
Looking back I can't believe we spent so long trying to get Charlie on Barnstormer, totally not worth the effort!

First day at MK and no Space Mountain... oh how times have changed!

It really was ambitious thinking we could managed two parks on day 1... glad we opted it against it!

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Brilliant day, lots of great photos
Thanks you so much for reading along, I love how colourful MK photos always are!

Originally Posted by redemma13 View Post
Aww I have been looking out for your report!

Looks like you had a pretty good travel over and your first day was really good! Charlie seemed to cope well with the jet lag even if he was up at all hours watching the evil pig known as Peppa! Lol!

Will look forward to your next installment!

Em
xxxx
That damn pig, there really is no escaping her is there?! (Although granted she does have her uses it has to be said! )

Next installment coming soon!