Notices

View Poll Results: Should i cut my long hair short?
Yes-it's falling out,it's breaking,it will be easier 136 80.00%
No-tying it back is easy,o/h likes it 34 20.00%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Mar 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have short hair ( and no I don’t look ancient ) but I swear by kerastase . It’s really nourishing and stopped the brittleness when I started peri menopause.
Perhaps a good trim then start with the shampoos , also look at your diet etc . Also If you’ve been unwell it tells in your hair months later. X
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Brazilian blow dry is a keratin treatment and is excellent for frizz.
Is that what Jennifer Aniston had done and it wrecked her hair?
Old 14 Mar 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I cut mine short two summers ago. I love it most of the time, I can wash, go to sleep and get up and run a straightener though it. However, I am getting bored of it and starting to grow it. I will keep the curtain bangs but grow it to ponytail length. I am lucky mine grows quickly. I think it's how the front is styled really makes the difference not the actual length.
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I went from very long to short this day two years ago. Loved it, especially as we went to Florida a few weeks later. Cut mine to donate to charity and it’s back down past my elbows now. Contemplating doing the same thing before we go this time. My advice is go for it, it’ll grow back.

Edited to add don’t get a fringe. Lol. I did that a few years ago, regretted it about 15 mins after leaving hairdressers when it started to rain 😜

Edited at 02:34 PM.
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Firstly, omg it looks amazing, and you are so brave Hootietootie!

My hair is waist length and although I love a lot of the lob styles, there is no way on earth I could do it. Not yet anyway!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Hootietootie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Firstly, omg it looks amazing, and you are so brave Hootietootie!

My hair is waist length and although I love a lot of the lob styles, there is no way on earth I could do it. Not yet anyway!
hahaha, thank you . I may have said i would do it when drunk, so stuck to it. Grows back quickly so I'm lucky there . if only the grey would stay away as handy!
Hootietootie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

I've had similar problems with my hair, had it cut shorter a few weeks ago and the difference has been amazing. It looks so much healthier and has loads more body. Wish I'd done it months ago.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Is that what Jennifer Aniston had done and it wrecked her hair?
Nope, Brazilian blow drys are really good for the hair. Mine is always in much better condition after I’ve had one.

It was extensions that ruined her hair.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
To the OP, do you think that may be the body is trying to counteract the dryness by producing more grease?

And what did you decide to do?
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven’t voted as I think you should go mid length, like the photos earlier in the thread. I think it would suit you and you could decide from then if you wanted to go shorter or grow it longer again. Plus it would get rid of some of the problems you have been having with the condition of it.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List